Manager of Institutional Giving
The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is one of New York’s oldest and most well-respected youth development organizations and we are moving forward with an exciting and ambitious strategic agenda. Building on over 140 years of helping boys develop into quality young men, we offer programs that help boys and young men stay in school and go on to college, discover their individual musical and artistic talent, develop healthy minds and bodies, learn leadership skills, and just have fun. We are committed to developing evidence-based programs that will be a model for youth development efforts across the field. To make this happen, we are adding to our strong team of talented professionals to deepen and broaden our impact.
Summary of Position
The Manager of Institutional Giving will work with and report to the Director of Foundation and Government Relations to significantly increase foundation and government giving over the next three years. The Manager will be responsible for drafting thoughtful, compelling grant proposals, and working collaboratively with program staff to obtain data and monitor the impact of programs. S/he will also be responsible for tracking deadlines, entering data, and reporting results for all institutional giving, as well as identifying and researching new prospective funders. The person hired will also support the department’s efforts to attract corporate sponsorship for programs and events.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee a portfolio of foundation donors and government agencies, and conduct stewardship and cultivation activities that build, maintain, and strengthen relationships.
- Write letters of inquiry, grant proposals, reports, and acknowledgment letters.
- Ensure compliance with all funder requirements.
- Identify and research new prospective funders.
- Collaborate with program staff to inform proposals and reports.
- Work with the finance department to develop budgets and other financial reporting.
- Maintain necessary database records, files, reports, and source materials pertinent to foundation and government activities in Raiser’s Edge.
- Maintain a grants calendar that ensures all institutional funding deadlines are met with sufficient time for input, develop quarterly internal reports, and facilitate regular outreach to funders.
- Develop marketing materials and facilitate meetings, tours, and volunteer opportunities to support a corporate sponsorship program.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a development office, with grant writing experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong writing, proofreading, and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to detail.
- Fluent in all Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Well-organized and systems-oriented.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Available for evening and weekend work as needed.
- Other tasks, as required, to support the overall development efforts.
Apply online at https://www.bcny.org/careers. Resume and cover letter required.
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.