The Manufacturing Engineer role in Midland, TX supports all aspects of the manufacturing processes and related equipment in support of Artificial Lift (ESP) product line. Successful candidates will be required to take a “hands on” approach to problem solving, have demonstrated project management skills, and a desire to learn. Candidate will work closely with production employees and Product Engineering to provide best practices for manufacturing.
- Execution of capital projects on time and within budget.
- Defining requirements and ensuring delivery.
- Continuous improvement projects for manufacturing equipment such as 6S initiatives
- Optimize the manufacturing processes to improve quality and material flow.
- Manage process documentation such as work instructions, routings, and engineering change management.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments (Engineering, Quality, Production, Vendors, etc.)
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mechanical or MET preferred
- 3+ years engineering experience in manufacturing or Electric Submersible Pumps
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Ability to interpret drawings and pumps
- Experience with the development and troubleshooting of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Experience with supporting new product development from the manufacturing side
- Experienced leader of cost-focused solutions to manufacturing issues
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong computer skills: SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CAD programs (AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Primary Location: North America-United States-Texas-MIDLAND