MRIGlobal, an independent research and development organization, delivers solutions in global health, national security and defense, and energy and the environment. The organization perform scientific research, advanced engineering, and program integration and management for clients in industry, government, and academia. Established in 1944 as Midwest Research Institute, MRIGlobal is based in Kansas City, Mo., and operates in nine states and Washington, D.C. MRIGlobal employs more than 500 and manages 2,600-plus workers through management and operations programs with various clients.
MRIGlobal has an opportunity for a Traffic Engineer in the State College, PA area, who will support a number of projects for our Transportation Research Center. In this position, the selected candidate will:
- Serve as a team member in research concerning traffic safety, highway geometric design, and traffic operations
- Assume responsibility for literature reviews, field data collection, liaison with highway agencies, and traffic data management and analysis
- Prepare professional-quality technical reports
To be successful in this position, the selected candidate must:
- Be proficient in highway traffic engineering
- Have a good understanding of traffic safety, highway geometric design, and traffic operations concepts
- Have familiarity with traffic engineering manuals and guidance documents (such as the Highway Safety Manual, the Highway Capacity Manual, the AASHTO Green Book, and the AASHTO Ped and Bike Guides) and how those documents are applied by highway engineering practitioners
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It will also be helpful for the candidate to have some familiarity with GIS platforms/tools, database development and data analysis software/tools, and survey instruments.
- Communicate effectively with MRIGlobal staff about work assignments through both in-person meetings and discussions and via phone and web conference interactions
- Communicate technical processes and results with clients, both orally and through written presentation of work products, at a level of detail appropriate to the audience
- Be able to interact effectively with MRIGlobal technical/administrative staff at all levels
- Be able to work in a team-based environment, under pressure, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be well organized, detail oriented, and dependable
- Be available to travel when needed to meet job requirements
- Master’s degree in Transportation Engineering or Civil Engineering with a transportation emphasis; or
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation Engineering or Civil Engineering with a transportation emphasis and three years of relevant experience
It is the policy of MRIGlobal to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state protected classification.