The Health Information Project Specialist supports the efficient and effective operations of the departments within SSM Health Dean Medical Group Operations. The Health Information Project Specialist will be responsible for leading and/or facilitating process design and redesign for departmental and cross departmental processes; leading and/or facilitating the completion of small to medium projects; participating in medium to large projects affecting Health Information Services; Interpreter Services or other Operations areas; developing and implementing production tracking tools and reporting systems; providing day-to-day operational support to include issue identification, tracking, resolution and communication; performing functional assessments and time studies; developing and implementing auditing systems.
1. Participates in the implementations of or upgrades to core systems by testing workflows, documenting options/recommendations and facilitating decision-making for the usage of these systems.
2. Lead and/or facilitate process design and redesign for departmental and cross departmental workflows.
3. Lead and/or facilitate the completion of small to medium projects within and outside the health information services, interpreter services and operations.
4. Participate in medium to large projects affecting health information services, interpreter services and operations.
5. Develop and implement performance metric tools and reporting systems.
6. Develop and implement issue tracking systems and provide support in issue identification, tracking, resolution and communication.
7. Develop and implement auditing systems.
8. Meet regularly with Manager discuss, communicate and facilitate forward movement on issues, projects and operations.
9. Provide recommendations for process and workflow improvements on an ongoing basis.
10. Assist in revising training and procedure manuals and develop effective reports to assess departmental output and results.
11. Participates in meetings/work groups to ensure communication and knowledge of operational activities and assist with initial training on functions/workflow changes.
12. Anticipate and communicate future training needs. Work with managers, training personnel, and reporting personnel to plan, develop, implement and evaluate quality assessment needs.
13. Identify and communicate system barriers. Make recommendations for system functionality changes, reporting issues, and training issues.
14. Work with the appropriate internal and external customers, vendors, and staff to ensure resolutions to barriers are developed and maintained.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position descriptions are not intended to be and should not be constructed to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of the supervisor.
1. Bachelors Degree in a business focused discipline with 1 year of relevant work experience or an Associates Degree with 5-7 years of relevant work experience or a high school diploma with 1 year of additional training/education and 7-9 years of relevant work experience or a high school diploma with 10 years of relevant work experience.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
4. Outstanding customer service skills.
5. Experience and success in problem/issue identification, documentation, tracking and resolution.
6. Familiarity with computer software programs and mainframe/PC applications with the ability to type with full keyboard knowledge.
7. Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, MS Project) or comparable products.
8. The ability to work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with multiple priorities.
9. Ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods while on the phone or computer.
2. Ability to continuously see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods.
3. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, calculator, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
5. Ability to safely lift and to push/pull boxes or equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
6. Ability to safely operate a personal vehicle on a weekly basis
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.