Please note: Candidates must apply on the CalCareers website below:
This position is located at the DMV Investigations District Office in Cerritos.
Final Filing Date: 3/14/2023
- Participates as a DMV law enforcement representative in multi-agency criminal investigations, and assignments involving Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigations, Department of Homeland Security, and other law enforcement or allied agencies.
- Analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data to provide answers to investigative questions.
- Conducts highly confidential and complex criminal investigations pertaining to internal security, employee misconduct, document integrity, public funds, burglary of offices, tampering with official records and systems.
- Provides direct criminal investigative testimony, witness, advisory and services.
- Effecting and assisting in arrests of criminal suspects, issuing misdemeanor and registration violation citations, serves and assists in search warrants.
- Ability to collect and use forensic data to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data to provide answers to investigative questions.
Applicants must pass a background investigation, and psychological and medical examinations in accordance with any State hiring restriction prior to hire.
This position will be filled as one year Limited-Term, Full Time if the selected candidate needs to complete the Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) requirements. Upon successful completion, the incumbent will be appointed as Permanent, Full Time. If the selected candidate has already met POST requirements through a basic academy, then they will be appointed Permanent, Full Time upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $5,916.00 - $9,428.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person