Portman Holdings, LLC is a real estate development, investment and management company with an international presence and a rich history of developing premier projects that spans five decades and three continents. Our founder, John Portman, pioneered the concept of architect as developer, successfully building both an architectural firm of international repute as well as a host of affiliated real estate development, financing and management companies.
Today, Portman Holdings' multi-faceted expertise sets the standard of excellence for the development of mixed-use complexes and urban landmarks around the world. These include hotels, office buildings, and retail spaces - projects that set the standard for marquee real estate developments. Currently the company provides property management services to third parties, invests in and develops ground up developments for itself and joint ventures, and operates a small number of owned stabilized operating properties.
The Human Resources & Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administration of the day-to-day operations of human resources, employee benefits and payroll. Specific responsibilities in the following areas include, but are not limited to: general administrative support, employee data management, benefits administration, payroll administration, recruitment coordination, employee on-boarding, leave of absence and worker’s compensation administration, and employee-centered program (New Employee Orientation, wellness, leadership development) coordination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Answers the Human Resources Director’s phone and greets employees and guests as appropriate while maintaining MS Outlook calendar, scheduling internal meetings, conference calls and coordinating with all parties concerned.
- Provides a broad variety of administrative tasks to include, but not limited to processing incoming and outgoing department mail, preparing internal and external correspondence (email, memos/letters, company-wide communication, etc.), verifications of employment, creating/maintaining forms and functional checklists, generating ad hoc reports, maintaining company organizational chart, etc.
- Arranges detailed meeting plans for team members, 401(k) recordkeeper, benefit broker and other carriers and vendors.
- Creates and maintains employee personnel, recruitment and correspondence files, both electronic and hard-copy.
- Documents human resources actions (new hire paperwork, transfers, terminations, salary changes, etc.) and obtains necessary signatures before forwarding to payroll for processing.
- Executes recruitment coordination to include but not limited to sorting resumes for electronic distribution, scheduling candidate interviews, maintaining recruitment filing system, maintaining spreadsheet to track and correspond updates with the appropriate hiring managers and coordinating pre-employment screenings.
- Creates and maintains a filing system for the Human Resources Director, personnel files and special project-related files.
- Conducts miscellaneous research, gathering data and statistical reports, and maintaining statistical, dashboard HR-related information.
- Frequent interface with Northwestern Benefit Corporation regarding the administration of the group health plan and ancillary benefits.
- Responds to various inquiries from employees and external government agencies and financial institutions.
- Prepares and coordinates new hire and termination benefits information with appropriate carriers.
- Performs bill reconciliation for benefit-related bills.
- Reports initial report of worker’s compensation and requests for leave of absences and maintain associated records/
- Assists the department with planning and monitoring annual Simply Well wellness program, open enrollment (health benefits) and quarterly 401(k) employee education initiatives/events.
- Assists the Payroll & Human Resources Manager as payroll processing back-up.
- Places monthly transportation order with Central Atlanta Progress and distributes cards upon receipt.
- Prepares department invoices and expense reports for processing via Yardi.
- Acts as Safety Warden for company and serves as a liaison with other Portman Company Safety Wardens.
- Distributes communication regarding tenant service announcements for building.
- Assists with internal event coordination, including cross-company events, monthly company socials, informal lunches, in conjunction with the Administrative Services team and various vendors and contractors.
- As a member of the Portman Administrative Services Team, oversees the pledge collection for the annual United Way campaign.
- Assists with front desk coverage on a rotational schedule. (only as a back-up)
The successful candidate will posses the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge with ADP Workforce Now and Time & Attendance
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal wage and labor laws, employee. benefits plans, employment practices, and payroll taxes.
- Solid MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Intermediate Excel skills - formulas, filtering, macros, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to serve as a conduit for effective communication between internal departments/Portman companies while anticipating and exceeding the needs of others.
- Excellent planning, presentation and organizational skills that reflect the ability to think proactively and effectively perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and follow-through to ensure successful completion.
- Sound problem-solving skills with solid decision-making capability and emotional maturity.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion with the professional maturity to manage competing priorities while demonstrating the highest level of customer service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
- Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Experience in working with ADP Workforce Now and Time & Attendance applications.
- FPC/CPP, SHRM-PC or PHR certifications a plus.
Portman Holdings offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and 401(k) plan with a generous employer match. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Human Resources: 2 years (Required)