Job LocationsUS-TN-Brentwood | US-MI-Detroit | US-IL-Chicago | US-WI-Milwaukee | US-PA-Philadelphia | US-NC-Raleigh | US-VA-Richmond | US-NC-Charlotte | US-NJ-Florham Park | US-NJ-Voorhees
CategorySales & MarketingID2019-20550Location :
NameMid-Atl North Sales-DIVLocation : Address111 Westwood PlaceLocation : LocationUS-TN-Brentwood
Divisional Director of Sales
Mid-Atlantic North Division
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
The Divisional Director of Sales will support Brookdale communities in the Mid-Atlantic North Division and will have up to 70% travel. You will support 100+ communities which are made up of independent living, assisted living and memory care.
Leads sales effectiveness for a segment of a Division, working in partnership with the Division VP of Sales. Manages a team of District Directors of Sales (DDSs), who in term provide overall sales management and coaching to an assigned team of community-based Sales Associates. Responsible and accountable for meeting and exceeding the occupancy and revenue goals of the assigned Districts. Oversees sales talent onboarding, development and performance management for their DDS direct reports. Ensures consistent execution of company sales support systems, programs, tools, and processes with their assigned Districts.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Senior living experience required; ten years related experience required.
- A minimum of seven to ten years of management experience.
- Experience in a multi-community/multi-state role with management responsibility is required.
- Proven track record of developing and leading a successful sales team.
- Understanding of the impact of revenue development, analysis, and pricing.
- Proficiency in business to business referral management.
- Proven experience as an accomplished sales strategist.
- Progressive sales benchmarking experience.
- Excellent track record of exceeding revenue goals.
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you’ll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there’s a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
1. Leads all assigned District Directors of Sales in their responsibilities for driving sales performance across their team of Sales Associates. Monitors occupancy trends and ensures consistent execution of sales activities to achieve and exceeds all occupancy and revenue goals for assigned Districts.
2. For their assigned Districts, ensures alignment between District Sales and Operations leaders around competitive positioning, business development and lead generation plans. Coordinates efforts across assigned Districts to provide optimum results without duplication of resources.
3. Leads and develops the team of assigned DDSs in achievement of their sales and team development goals. Coaches assigned DDSs around areas of improvement related to their sales teams.
4. Works closely with Division VP of Sales to execute consistent sales effectiveness programs and policies in such areas as coaching, sales process, reporting, incentives, and training. Provides input and feedback for improvement or streamlining of these elements.
5. Oversees sales forecasting for their assigned Districts, providing accurate information for planning, budgeting and sales performance.
6. Monitors the effective onboarding of new sales hires within their Districts, working in partnership with Learning and Development and Human Resources. Ensures assigned DDSs monitor skill and knowledge growth of new hires during the onboarding period and beyond.
7. Provides performance measurement and performance management for their assigned DDSs. Develops annual goals for each DDS and continuously monitors performance, providing feedback and coaching as needed.
8. Assesses the skills and abilities of sales staff within their assigned Districts. Reviews and analyzes coaching site visits and other reports to ensure accuracy of information and to make recommendations for necessary improvement actions.
9. Performs ride along visits with the DDSs to observe site visits and associated coaching. Regularly visits communities in order to ensure execution of the sales programs and strategies to achieve and maintain full occupancy.
10. Ensures sales compensation and commission plans and policies are consistently administered across the assigned Districts. Works with DDS team to identify potential use of other recognition programs with their Districts.
11. Collaborates with Divisional Sales and Operations leadership and functional teams in strategic sales planning, budgeting, and goal-setting.
12. Promotes Brookdale Senior Living in a positive manner and sets the example for company’s standards for excellence. Serves as a consensus builder among Sales and Operations teams.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field from an accredited college or university is required. Ten years related experience required. Minimum of five years experience in a senior level (regional or higher) sales management role. A minimum of five years of management experience. Experience in a senior living, healthcare or hospitality industry and in a multi-community role with management responsibility is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Frequent car travel requires the incumbent to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Has an advanced knowledge of the organization, industry, and a functional discipline. Extensive understanding of technical areas gained through experience and used to complete and/or oversee assignments. Knowledge of sales and marketing to include principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services to include marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Consultative selling skills highly preferred. Knowledge and understanding of the senior market and various senior living products. Workable knowledge of personal computers to include proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows. Experience with Customer Relationship Management software. Ability to work well under stress, complete assignments accurately, work independently, and manage time effectively. Must exhibit a high degree of initiative and creativity, good judgment, and professional ethics. Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate and develop staff within all product lines and positions. Must be a risk taker and be able to self-initiate and take charge of the multi-faceted strategies that are developed. Must possess strong management skills to work effectively as a team with operations partners and other functional areas.
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.