Apartment Leasing Consultant
Apartment Leasing Consultant- Baltimore County
James Keelty & Co., Inc., a Real Estate Developer/Builder/Property Management company, is accepting applications for an Apartment Leasing Consultant for a location in Timonium, MD.
We value you and your experience. We are looking for bright, friendly people who enjoy working in the apartment leasing/property management industry. Our search is also for hard- working professionals who believe in our mission. As a company, Keelty believes that a strong sense of community is the key to healthy living – from the family structure and the environment to local commerce, and beyond. It is this “community” perspective that has made Keelty one of Maryland’s premier builders since 1904.
- Provide the best possible customer service experience for prospects, residents, contractors, etc.
- Answer multiple phone lines. Provide apartment information according to Fair Housing standards following local, state and federal laws.
- Document all maintenance related activities. Input all maintenance requests into the computer system, check on the status of incomplete work orders and close out any completed work orders.
- Retrieve and follow up on e-mails. Respond to apartment inquiry leads using information provided in the request and asking standard questions for information to schedule a visit.
- Greet and tour prospects according to Fair Housing standards, building rapport with prospects, determining prospect needs, qualifying and closing the sale and obtaining an application.
- Conduct phone and email follow ups with current leads to generate traffic, assess continued interest in the properties and close the sale.
- Offer complete and accurate community information to all prospects. Be fully informed on all brochures, price sheets, leases and addendums.
- Demonstrate accuracy when providing information on all policies and procedures
- Complete administrative functions related to move in and move out preparation as well as resident communication.
- Conduct signings with prospects and tenants for the lease agreement and all addendums.
- Other tasks as assigned by Property Manager.
- A minimum of one year of leasing experience
- A minimum of three years sales and customer service experience
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of Jenark a plus.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all laws pertaining to apartments, including Fair Housing, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and ADA.
· Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
· Qualified candidate must pass criminal and drug test.
· Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 days of the year.
· Ability to serve on-call as scheduled or as necessary.
· Ability to travel to other communities, main office or training location.
· A High School education or equivalent is required; college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
· Accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and use all on-site resident management software functions.
· Valid driver’s license required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions.
· Must wear business apparel based on defined company standards
Salaried position is full-time and requires working EVERY weekend, 3 weekdays 9-5, Saturdays 10 – 5, Sundays 12-5, with 2 consecutive days off during the week. An excellent benefits package is included with this position, offering group insurance benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and 401(k) plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Required)
- Apartment Leasing: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)