The role of the Courtesy Officer is to ensure the safety of our customers and associates along with the protection of company assets. Customer service will be an absolute priority. The Courtesy Officer is the first and last impression of the WSS brand and must always be friendly and engaging to all who enter and leave the store. To be effective at this job, Courtesy Officers should be detail-oriented team players with strong leadership and decision-making skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as a Courtesy Officer must fill out reports, question shoplifters and speak with police. They should be in good physical condition, as this position requires a lot of walking and standing.
The Courtesy Officer is an important part of the store team and will promote honest, open communication with store management and other team members.
· CUSTOMER FOCUSED: Provide excellent customer service; greet all customers entering and leaving our store.
· Always make direct eye contact. Always provide an engaging friendly greeting. Always provide an engaging, friendly “thank you.”
· INTEGRITY: Courtesy Officers are honest and trusted by our employees and customers to safeguard them while at our stores. We don’t compromise on integrity and stand above reproach. Courtesy Officers follow corporate guidelines and applicable state laws when dealing with customers, employees and those suspected of stealing.
· TEAMWORK: Promote teamwork by educating store associates and new hires on safety and their roll in preventing loss. Assist store in recovering and matching mismates.
· STRIVING FOR EXCELLENCE: Courtesy Officers are always required to be a positive image for the brand. Excellence is not something innate, and rather is something that you can develop and strive for as a professional. By going the extra mile, empowering yourself, and being organized, it will be easier to strive for and achieve excellence.
· RESPECT: We respect our customers, our neighbors and each other at all times.
· Monitor CCTV
· Inspect all trash/boxes removed from the store
· Meet uniform and grooming standards
· Preform security check of store at opening and closing
· Report all unsafe conditions to Store Manager and Corporate Safety Manager as required
· Report all incidents, arrest and injuries to Asset Protection Area Manager immediately
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be 18 years or older
· High school Diploma or GED equivalent required
· Previous security and customer service experience a plus
· OPEN COMMUNICATION: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, departmental policy, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management in person and over the telephone. Accurately and neatly complete all paperwork and forms in a timely manner.
· ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: Ability to multi-task remaining attentive to customers and while remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
· REDUCTION OF LOSS: Assist store team in reducing loss via pilferage, mismates, unsafe actions or situations and other vulnerable areas. Verify managers safe counts with store management team. As permitted, move around sales floor providing customer service and preventing loss. Monitor any suspicious activity after the store is closed to the public. Visually inspect all employees and their packages upon exiting the store.
· ACCEPTING RETURNS/EXCHANGES: Courtesy Officer’s will determine that a customer would like to return or exchange merchandise and that the merchandise is in good condition. If a return or if the exchanged merchandise does not meet our exchange requirements they will call the MOD to assist the customer.
· OTHER SKILLS: Enthusiastic, friendly, punctual and energetic with a genuine desire to provide exceptional service to our customers.
· WORK HOURS: Available to work a variety of hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIORNMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to:
· Bend and twist at the waist, stoop, crouch, crawl, climb, balance, kneel or squat while maneuvering boxes into place as needed
· Stand or walk at least 8 (eight) hours in a given day
· Lift up to 50 lbs. from ground level to above shoulders repeatedly over the course of the shift
· Climb a step stool or ladder
· Communicate effectively in person and on the phone
WSS is the premier footwear retailer in the U.S. doing business in neighborhood-based stores. Consumers trust WSS for the best brands, greatest values and largest selection of athletic, dress, fashion, and casual footwear for the entire family. Our large store format enables us to showcase thousands of styles from top brands like Nike, Jordan, Vans, Converse, Adidas, Puma, Skechers, etc. In addition, WSS carries high quality private brands augmenting the breadth of selection to deliver amazing value to our customers.
Founded in Southern California in 1984 by entrepreneur Eric Alon, all WSS stores feature a unique retail format that displays every style and size. This allows customers to browse on their terms, in a hassle-free environment, engaging the friendly and knowledgeable sales staff when they choose. The success of this business model has allowed WSS to continue its rapid expansion into new markets. WSS currently operates over 80 stores throughout California, Nevada, Arizona, and Texas.
WSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible