The Senior Application Developer position is responsible for the development and integration of various software applications. It requires hands-on programming, general software maintenance and enhancements, unit testing and cross-platform integration testing, technical support, project management, administration, and adherence to conventional standards.
- Research and analyze business requirements and recommend technical solutions.
- Perform technical implementations for projects including: Software development; writing technical specifications; design and prototyping; vendor package installation; data conversions; defect resolutions; ongoing maintenance and support; and technical training to other systems team members.
- Identify and help reconcile inherent conflicts between high-level objectives, systems architecture and functional requirements in a timely manner.
- Review and interpret legacy application code to assist with application enhancements or support tasks
- Assist with the redesign and conversion of legacy applications and databases.
- Assist in the integration of external products or services.
- Serve as technical advisor to other systems team members to document systems processes and best practices.
- Develop time estimates and report on project progress.
- Participate on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Act as development team lead on major applications initiatives.
*Education and Experience
- BA/BS with 5+ years of experience in client server systems development and support.
- Supervisory or managerial experience helpful.
- Required work experience with the following technologies:
- C# using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Java SE and Swing using NetBeans or Eclipse
- Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL
- Reporting tool experience like Crystal Reports or Microsoft SSRS
- Microsoft Windows OS and Office tools, and IIS server experience a plus
- Broad experience in programming Graphical User Interfaces and software usability.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies and software configuration management tools.
- Experience with assisting in the installation and maintenance of PC vendor packages.
- Ability to evaluate and work directly with vendors to apply software change requests.
- Ability to communicate well with end users and develop teamwork relationship with staff.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously while managing time effectively.
- Must be able to learn new concepts within a complex and demanding environment.
- Must be willing and able to “own” the process and take responsibility for meeting challenging deadlines.
This will require flexibility in hours from time to time.
- Have a strong work ethic and a commitment to quality.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Be a self-starter who is able to organize and manage one’s workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a positive “can do” attitude and be willing to do whatever it takes to meet the goals.
- Desire to learn the Trust business as it relates to assigned technical projects. Financial industry experience a plus.
The Senior Application Developer reports to the Manager of Business Analysis and Development.
This position is exempt and is required to be in the office Monday through Friday. It may necessitate flexibility in hours from time to time with little or no advance notice.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Notice to Employment Agencies:
Employment agencies are an important component to our talent acquisition strategy, and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. We will not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms directly to employees or hiring managers at Loring, Wolcott & Coolidge Trust in any form without a signed Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position, will be deemed unsolicited in nature, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job Type: Full-time
- Applications Development: 5 years (Required)