- Visual Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Design Experience
About Their UX team
The Customer Experience Design (CXD) team of one of our largest financial clients is responsible for defining and delivering the B2B customer experience and standards for their enterprise API portal, the Gateway Developer Portal®. The Gateway platform empowers their commercial banking customers and the enterprise bank to create meaningful solutions to end-users through their API and SDK product offerings.
They're a diverse array of people who are passionate about User Experience and creating simple, human-centered experiences. They embrace creativity, a strongly collaborative environment, and intellectual curiosity. They’re looking for the same in you: a flexible and resilient collaborator with a sense of humor and humble confidence.
About You and the Position
The Visual Design team seeks an experienced mid- to senior-level UX Visual Designer to join their UX team, to work on building the task-based experiences they’ve outlined in the first paragraph. For this position, you’ll want to strongly identify as a visual designer, with equally strong brand and interaction design chops. You’re also a naturally adaptable, organized, and a collaborative problem solver — comfortable and confident in your abilities to produce iterative comps, mocks, and high-to- low-fidelity prototypes.
You have the portfolio that demonstrates your graphic design and brand mindset, your eagle eye for typography, layout, iconography, and color elements, as well as sound use of design principles. Your portfolio should demonstrate your ability to redline and create complex specs, as well as your experience working with an established system of components and standards.
They have several openings focused in branding, production, and servicing.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create meticulous, on-time deliverables such as high- and low-fidelity brand expression concepts, comps or mocks, redlines and specs that adhere to corporate brand strategy, accessibility and UX standards.
- Produce on-brand visual design that motivates and guides their customers through their application experience and workflow.
- Work with their responsive component framework to create usable interfaces that are scalable
- Create visual artifacts that convey abstract ideas to help make things more tangible, whether it be diagrams or prototypes.
- Proactive collaboration with their cross-functional UX, Customer Insights, Product, and Development teams, according to defined processes.
- Meet and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final digital product.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, and ability to present visual design work in meeting reviews and cross-functional sprints; demonstrate friendly, articulate communication of your work and design decisions. Listen to feedback and iterate to improve.
- Be able to be graceful under pressure, as needed through all stages of Design Sprints.
- 4+ years demonstrated experience designing for responsive, web-based applications, using an established framework design system.
- 4+ years proven visual design skills in typography, color, layout and brand.
- Proven experience designing for mobile and native screens, iOS and Android screens.
- Experience working within established visual design principles and visual design style guides
- Familiarity with interface elements, states, and transitions, and how to style and define them to enhance user experience.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Expert skills in design and prototyping applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Strong portfolio of visual design work for the above. Design documentation samples are required (example: redlines, style guides, design iterations or versions).
- Ability to thrive in collaborative team environments
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while retaining careful attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of CSS as it relates to visual design
- BA/BS degree in design or a related field.
- Experience with Confluence and JIRA or similar collaboration and task applications.
- Experience with or awareness of design for accessibility.
- Illustration skills for infographics and iconography.
- If I do feel that your resume does align well with the position, I will email you asking for your portfolio. It can be sent as a pdf file or as a link to it. It should outline your experience in visual and UX design, including wireframes.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $110,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- designing for responsive, web-based applications: 4 years (Required)
- Visual Design: 4 years (Required)