Predicine Inc. is an international precision medicine organization that is committed to developing the first- and best-in-class precision diagnostics products to enable precision medicine and to address the unmet medical needs in US, China, and worldwide. At Predicine, we believe that people are our most vital assets and we are dedicated to creating a great place to work. We value a culture of innovation, integrity, responsibility, productivity, and teamwork, and invite people who share the same values to join us.
Under the oversight of the Clinical Laboratory Director, provides technical expertise in a CLIA laboratory providing molecular testing and assays for the diagnosis of genetic diseases, cancer, companion diagnostic tests, and biomarkers for disease monitoring and stratification.
As CLS of the Clinical Laboratory, you are expected to:
· Perform high complex molecular genetic tests including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and Next Generation Sequencing on patients’ specimens including all steps from sample processing to result reporting as per the company SOPs
· Bring forth the specialized scientific and technical knowledge essential to perform lab testing.
· Successfully complete all proficiency testing prior to submission to the Laboratory Director.
· Maintain pertinent records according to the Quality Management plan to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
· Assist in assay validation studies of lab developed tests with the approval of the Laboratory Director.
· Demonstrate the ability to maintain competency and take on training responsibilities as needed.
· Perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and problem resolution.
· May assist with duplicate operations in Shanghai as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned and assist others as time allows.
Who You Are (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
In adding new members to our team, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that people are critical to our success in bringing precision diagnostics and medicines to patients, we are dedicated to creating a great place to work and to providing people with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal and professional growth.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (CLS) generalist or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist License (CGMBS).
Prior experience with PCR based and/ or next generation sequencing (NGS) methods and data analysis preferred.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
General office and laboratory conditions, mobility to work in a typical clinical laboratory setting using standard equipment. Able to lift up to 20 lbs on an occasional basis. Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary. Occasional International travel may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- Molecular Bio: 1 year (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: