Virtual Community Outreach Intern - Remote
Interns will work alongside staff to ensure that our campaign is connecting with all key community leaders and community events. Responsibilities will include: creating lists of upcoming events, scheduling meetings with community leaders, attending and attending community events on behalf of the campaign. During April and May this position will be focused on producing a list of resources for community members related to the COVID-19. This list will be used on our website, in social media, and other communication channels.
Paul Daigle is a higher education and nonprofit professional running for U.S. Congress in Pennsylvania’s 11th Congressional District. PA-11 is in South-Central Pennsylvania, and includes all of Lancaster County and southern York County. Paul is a progressive leader driven by a spirit of service. He has served with 28 different non-profit and civic organizations as a volunteer, intern, staff member, executive director, and board member. Paul wants to go to Washington to solve real problems for the people and communities of Lancaster and Southern York Counties. The campaign is a grassroots effort. It will focus on engaging, mobilizing, and listening to people across the entire district.
Interns will get the opportunity to see the inside of a congressional campaign. Interns will take on a project and area of work to make our campaign successful. Ideal candidates share the campaign's values, enjoy being part of a hard-working team, are willing to learn new tasks and skills, take initiative, and want to make a difference. Hours can range from 10-40 hours per week and length of commitment can vary by mutual need. These are unpaid internships. We are happy to work with you to get school credit for your time.
- Research federal, state, county, and local resources related to COVID-19
- Create digital handouts and communications related to COVID-19 resources
- Help develop our website resource page related to COVID-19
- Monitor all forms of media to find local community events and groups the campaign should connect with
- Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements and appearances
- Create or update databases
- Attend community events and represent the campaign
- Public Relations, Communications, Social Work, Government majors preferred. Other majors welcome.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with G-Suite products
- Practical community engagement experience
- Opportunity to participate in virtual campaign meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
Company's Facebook page: