Not just a 'sit at your desk' job...Come work for a company with a mission which will make you proud.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Contract Assistant is responsible for responding to the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). This position coordinates customer service requests to assigned contract Leads, Supervisors and direct line staff.
- Respond to service calls during official working hours within the guidelines and timelines of the Contract.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and supervision of activities related to delivery of custodial and grounds services for assigned Contracts.
- Assist with monitoring Quality Assurance Standards. Complete weekly QA checklists for each assigned Contract. Report on quality assurance results. Respond to quality assurance outcomes.
- Conduct safety training and meetings and instill proper safety attitudes throughout contracts. Responsible for timely accident reporting and adherence to the Agency’s safety program, OSHA and IIPP compliance.
- Review and approve all time and attendance records for assigned contracts. Ensure time is properly coded per contract site.
- Assist with determining labor requirements and dispatch workers to sites. Assists with ensuring scheduling meets contract requirements and safety standards.
- Assist with scheduling project activities in logical steps and budget time required to meet Contract deadlines.
- Responsible for informing Project Manager of required supplies, materials and sub contract services.
- Assist with customer satisfaction of assigned contracts. Confer with supervisory personnel, customers and vendors to resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and service problems.
- Inspect and review assigned contract site(s) to monitor compliance with terms of the Contract, agency policies and other pertinent regulations.
Certificate in janitorial/grounds maintenance from an accredited facility. May exchange years of experience for certification on a two years for one year basis.
Two years experience in janitorial/landscaping industry working in a lead, supervisory or managerial capacity. Previous experience in managing people with disabilities a plus.
Knowledge of or ability to learn contract specific government regulations, i.e. DOL, Ability One, etc. Knowledge of scheduling methods and time studies. Knowledge of TQM or other quality assurance procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
- janitorial/landscaping supervisory: 1 year (Required)