Capstone Logistics is a fast growing, exciting company focused on third party services in distribution centers across the nation. We are in 48 states and over 400 Distribution Centers across the United States. We are looking for a Director of Operations to join our team and be part of something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a driven, successful leader with at least 3 years of increasing management responsibility in the distribution/transportation fields. Successful candidates will handle the daily supervision of a warehouse crew. We provide unloading services for our client.
The Director of Operations is responsible for driving partner satisfaction and organizational focus on delivering operational excellence and exceeding partner expectations. The Director provides leadership, support, advocacy and vision to a group of Site Operation Managers, responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, centralizing and administrating all warehouse activities in an assigned region including managing orders, and fulfilling sales and gross margin goals and growth objectives established by the Company. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations. This position requires the availability to travel 75%. We are driven to be the leader in our industry and will only accept those that live by that same drive and enthusiasm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximize operational efficiency using defined metrics continuously improving operational performance while optimizing both company and partner measures.
- Ensuring partner satisfaction through regular communication and execution of both internal and external key performance indicators. Including, but not limited to monthly site visits and quarterly business reviews with partner executive on-site and regional leadership. Will ensure compliance to company safety policies
- Coordinate staffing and operational needs of all operations within assigned region in conjunction with Human Resources Department, including hiring, firing, performance appraisals, transfers, promotions, discipline, and identifying and resolving problems all within established Company policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide regional information to appropriate Company personnel in order to maintain effective communications within Company related to competitor actions and partner activities.
- Plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and coordinate all activities in the assigned region to achieve the budgeted sales, pricing, and gross margin objectives and goals established by Company.
- Quotes various rates for partner and analyzes possible routes for new business.
- Contact and visit national and regional service warehouses, 3PL's, grocery/non-grocery warehouses, trucking and transportation firms, or any other sales channel partners to achieve budgeted sales channel penetration and retain current Company partners.
- Communicates with partners to handle any escalated partner service issues or complaints.
- Oversee and monitor partner contacts by regional employees under supervision to ensure all employees of Company are meeting the professional and quality standards established by Company.
- Oversee and maintain procedure for ensuring multiple warehouse site managers and supervisors have appropriate practices and controls in place to ensure a safe and secure workplace for employees in conjunction with the safety and human resources departments.
- Direct, coordinate, and assign work activities to all employees under supervision in assigned region and monitor, review and evaluate work product, methods, and procedures of those employees.
- Compliance and site-level accountability to all safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field required, Master's degree preferred.
- Five to ten year's operations management within retail or distribution with multiple location responsibility.
- 3PL experience preferred. Grocery and retail experience a plus.
- Experience starting up and managing new locations.
- Must be able and willing to travel 75% or more.
- Must have prior P&L or Cost Center Control responsibility
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office, including Excel
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $115,000.00 /year