Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent organization dedicated solely to all girls where, in an accepting and nurturing environment, girls build character and skills for success in the real world. Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson (GSHH) operates in seven counties in the Hudson Valley region of New York.
Founded on the legacy of Juliette Gordon Low and fueled by over a century of caring adults, we are committed to building girls of courage, confidence, and character in local communities. We believe in the Power of G.I.R.L. and enable kindergarten through high-school aged girls to find their inner Go-Getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker and Leader.
The The Summer Camp Director/ Senior Program Manager - Outdoor Experience & Resident Camp Manager, as part of a council wide program team, develops and implements Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE) programs, camping and outdoor education programs at Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson (GSHH). The Senior Program Manager ensures the strength of the Girl Scouts Movement, and as part of the program team, manages Pathway initiatives and program delivery. They ensure that all activities adhere to quality and safety standards, addresses the needs and interests of girl members, and are consistent with the Girl Scout Mission. They ensure that all program, camping and outdoor education programs are equally accessible to all girls served by GSHH.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Provide input into the development of long and short-term plans and strategies for GSHH multiple program pathway strategies.
- Collaborate with the membership team and volunteers to develop and implement constituent membership enrollment in GSHH programs to ensure membership and program goals are achieved.
- Develop and implement an annual plan of work with program managers to address GSHH wide program activities including: direct program delivery, outdoor/environmental education program activities, summer camp program, special events, and ensure that all program goals are achieved.
- Manage the delivery of all camp and outdoor education programs.
- Coordinate the creation of the programmatic content for the council's Summer Camp Brochure.
- Recruit, train and supervise seasonal camp staff including international staff and volunteers.
- Design, oversee, deliver and evaluate a Summer Camp program for the GSHH overnight summer camp according to the standards of all accrediting agencies.
- Oversees outdoor program content and delivery in partnership with Program Managers with summer camp responsibilities.
- Coordination of the completion and submission of all paperwork required for the NYSDOH Permit to Operate, the American Camp Association accreditation and other forms as needed for the entire GSHH Summer Camp program.
- Performs on site Camp Director responsibilities during summer overnight camp programs. Requires residing at camp during the camp season.
- In collaboration with the Director of Program, develop and implement a camp safety plan for all outdoor program activities including summer camp..
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a risk management plan for all program activities and ensure activities comply with safety standards including Safety-Wise, ACA site standards, and with all applicable, local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Creates program materials that are current and relevant to trends and issues affecting girls, and that meet stipulated outcome and quality requirements.
- Develop program activity budgets, including summer camp program, to ensure healthy financial outcomes.
- Regularly assess the needs and interests of girls to ensure that GSHH can respond with relevant outdoor program activities.
- Develop periodic reports and/or presentations that address the progress of program initiatives and activities: provide recommendations for continual improvement.
- Design girl and adult trainings for camp and other outdoor programs.
- Promotes Girl Scouting in the community to enhance the understanding and appreciation of the Girl Scouts Outdoor Program.
- Ensure that diversity and pluralism is embraced and incorporated into the work of GSHH.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA or equivalent work experience and at least 3 years experience developing outdoor programs for youth. Demonstrated success working with volunteers and leading teams. Prior experience directing an overnight summer camp program is required.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to ensure effective interactions with diverse individuals, within all levels of the organization and with the public.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite; and experience using a CRM system, preferably SalesForce.
- Must be able to travel throughout assigned area, posses own car and a valid driver’s license, and be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must be well organized, and self-directed and a team player.
- Must possess strong conflict management and conflict resolution skills.
- Have the ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, articulate goals and action plans. Experience in budget development required.
- Strong work ethic, unquestionable reputation for honesty and integrity. Must have the ability to maintain utmost confidentiality at all times.
(Current or willingness to obtain)
Lifeguard, Ropes Course (high and low), Archery, First Aid/CPR, Waterfront, Belaying, Boating, Climbing Wall
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with a resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- camp Management: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance