Responsible for the overall success of customer relationships, employee development, customer service, and efficient daily operations for a customer or group of customers in a multi-client warehouse environment. Provides oversight for all operating activities, including receiving, inventory management, pick and pack, value-added services, order processing, shipping, customer service, reporting, and continuous improvement. Directs the development of the warehouse supervisory personnel and operations to support the client relationship and client requirements. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Principle Duties and End Results
- Represents the company to the customer as the primary interface; responsible for overall customer satisfaction, growth, and retention.
- Actively manages and monitors all facets of the operation, to include profit and loss for the facility, inbound receiving and quality inspections, inventory management and control, order fulfillment, customer service, value-added services, shipping, and returns management.
- Provides the strategic direction in dealing with the client so that all activities of the warehouse are taken in concert with the client to allow both the client and Port Logistics Group to be successful financially.
- Establishes and directs a plan of personnel development which will support the requirements and specifications.
- Confers with senior divisional management, reviews and analyzes activity, operating and sales reports to determine whether modifications in programs or operations are required.
- Analyzes budgets and productivity reports; works with senior management to identify areas in which reductions or modifications can increase service and decrease cost.
- Directs and coordinates warehouse activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy and maximize profitability.
- Responsible for the overall success, profitability, and satisfaction of customers’ accounts managed.
- Administers and directs corporate and divisional directives outlining policy, program, or operational actions to be implemented.
- Managerial oversight includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees Customer Relationship management includes daily interface, customer service management, issue resolution, reporting and metrics development and tracking, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 10 years experience in 3PL warehousing/transportation/supply chain solutions, or equivalent experience in related industry.
- Proven track record of successful multi-client warehouse management, including large customers with multi-year service agreements.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse processes, technology, and order fulfillment to retail. Experience working with mass-market retailers is required; retail apparel experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills. Ability to assess problem, determine root cause, and work to resolution with a team.
- Experience in a direct customer interaction role, with solid background of managing work teams to meet customer expectations.
- Experience developing metrics reporting and interacting directly and frequently with customers.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently.
- Proven leadership ability; demonstrated ability to build, mentor, train, grow, and lead a team.
- Functional experience in warehousing, transportation, and supply chain management.
- Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- BS/BA degree required.
Job Type: Full-time