ACCOUNTING MANAGER / ASSISTANT CONTROLLER (PART-TIME)
DOWNEY & SCOTT, LLC is an award winning Construction Management Services firm seeking an
Accounting Manager / Assistant Controller to join our team of professionals. As a small business based in
Warrenton, Virginia, we offer competitive pay, flexible work hours, and strongly believe in providing
opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
Prepare and record the payroll, accounts payable, banking and other routine transactions for the
company in order to prepare accurate and timely financial reports. Maintain files, records, schedules, and
supporting documentation for all transactions for audit and tax preparation.
- Proven work experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Finance Manager or
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles, practices,
standards and ethics
- Medium to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, payroll, bank
reconciliations, human resources/benefits, commercial insurance, and preparation of audit and
tax schedules for outside auditors and tax preparer.
- Ability to work independently.
- Views confidentiality, loyalty, teamwork, and professionalism as essential to success.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize, make smart decisions/problem solve, set
and achieve goals, multitask, think strategically, and respond quickly to inquiries.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to adapt and participate in other tasks and/or areas as needed.
- Office location - Warrenton, Virginia (Vint Hill area)
- Small, family-friendly company
- 15-25 hours per week
To be considered, submit your resume and a cover letter including a summary of qualifications and salary
DOWNEY & SCOTT, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
~ Email resume to:
~ Visit our website: