The Forensic Peer Specialist will participate in activities in our Hollywood location, as well as in the community in an effort to enhance successful re-integration and successful community living. This person will serve as a role model, a guide, and a facilitator of services and supports.
1. Visit clients in the community and give support.
2. Provide resources for integration, rehabilitation, and successful community living.
3. Assist with linkage to services.
4. Keep clients file up to date with progress notes.
5. Upload docket notes
6. Assist with basic office work
7. Other responsibilities:
- Attend and participate in trainings as required.
- Attend all meetings pertinent to the position.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Supervisor that are within the realm of knowledge, education, experience and time constraints of the individual.
Other functions include data entry and basic office work (filing, scanning, making copies, etc.)
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Good interpersonal skills. Good written and verbal communication. Knowledge of behavioral health community resources.
Required Educational Experience and Training
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- At least two years of experience in working as a support person to individuals who have a behavioral health diagnosis.
Satisfactory local and level II background screening
Pass jail clearance requirements
Valid State of Florida Drivers License with appropriate insurance coverage
Access to reliable transportation
Access to and use of a cellular phone
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver's License (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page: