APPLICANTS MUST APPLY BY JULY 15, 2020
Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) - Defense
This requisition is for roles located in Southern NH; Wayne/Totowa, NJ; Manassas, VA; Austin, TX; and Greenlawn, NY.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
The Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) is a three (3) year cohort program with the mission to identify and accelerate the development of high potential, recent engineering college graduates for the responsibility of being future engineering leaders at BAE Systems.
The Defense ELDP accomplishes its mission with the following four components:
- Technical Development
- Technical master's degree
- Internal technical development curriculum aligned with technologies which drive our business
- Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification
- Leadership Development
- Yearly Leadership Development Conference
- Quarterly leadership development modules delivered by organizational leaders and executives
- Opportunities to practice leadership through formal and informal roles internal and external to the company
- Rotational Work Assignments
- Typical 1-year duration
- Diversity of work assignments (business area, product group, engineering discipline)
- New cohort mentored by current participants
- Current participants mentored by technical experts
- Opportunity for program graduates to receive mentorship from senior leaders
Electrical Engineering (EE), Computer Science (CS), Computer Engineering (CE), Electrical/Computer Engineering (ECE), Optical Engineering (OE), and Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Required Skills and Education
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Engineering or Computer Science with a GPA > 3.0
- US Citizen
- Eligible for DoD Secret Clearance
- Capacity and motivation for hard work
- Desire to gain strong technical foundation
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.