As a Quality Assurance Engineer II at Riot, you run the QA process for your teams that make features on Riot's products. You work with teams of software engineers, content developers, artists, producers and project managers to create value for Players around the world. You are guided by Riot's Test Policies to do the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set your teams up for success.
As a QA Engineer II on League of Legends' Motivations: Operational Excellence (OpEx) team, you will primarily work on service & tooling improvements for features such as Store, Loot, Missions, and Content Configuration that support both League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics. You're responsible for ensuring that delivery intent is understood by the test teams, risks to quality are highlighted and communicated, and that your teams have the necessary resources to reach your quality goals. You will guide the implementation of testing processes and help identify opportunities for automated test solutions. You'll take on complex and ambiguous problem spaces and assure quality for the team with your solutions. A QA Engineer II will typically report to a QA Manager.
- Drive the implementation, execution, and socialization of the team test strategy for your deliverables
- Identify and communicate risks to team quality goals, identify concerns around impact, probability of occurrence, and proposed mitigation strategies
- Utilize a growth mindset to help your team identify best practices or process iteration that help ship great products
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- A minimum of 3 years as a software quality assurance experience
- Experience owning test strategy, planning, and design for a multidisciplinary team or teams
- Understanding of test methodologies
- Experienced in Agile development pipelines
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC
- A foundational understanding of back-end systems integration testing requirements
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles Only) Base hourly range between $47.84 USD - $67.36 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).