Custom Microwave, Inc. is a world-class supplier of high-tech Satellite equipment for NASA, JPL, BOEING, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Ball Aerospace, HARRIS, Orbital Sciences, and Raytheon is experiencing rapid growth and needs a highly motivated, hardworking individual to join its team of talented professionals in a 56,000 sq. ft. facility. You can do important work here, with exceptional colleagues, in a company dedicated to the future of aerospace. You’ll be among people who share a commitment to helping our customers, enriching our communities and protecting the environment.
The following position is open:
CMi is excited to add a detail-minded Quality Inspector with a thirst to learn to our tight-knit Quality Assurance community. The Quality Inspector will be eager to jump into an exacting environment and apply a variety of technical skills to deliver exceptional spaceflight antenna feeds. We are looking for a self-starter who can jump in with a “can-do” attitude and deliver remarkable service. We are a community first environment and are excited to have the right person join our team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
o Demonstrate effective, appropriate, and professional written and verbal communication to internal and external customers.
o Facilitate multi-level relationships with customers, suppliers, auditors, and other interested parties in support of company goals and objectives.
follow all released processes related to inspection planning, inspection, and internal customer support.
participate in improvement of QA Department and company processes in support of internal and external customers.
o Inspection Planning:
Plan manual, CMM, and Vision System inspections
Execute inspection plans for manual, CMM, and Vision System inspections
o Internal customer support
§ Support internal customer requests for support related to inspection, measurement strategy, calibration, and other related requests
§ If assigned, perform duties of Calibration Coordinator
- Administer recall and collection of Measurement and Test Equipment (M&TE)
- Arrange for internal or supplier calibration purchase orders
- Inspect incoming M&TE and associated certification paperwork after calibration for compliance with requirements
- Apply marking to M&TE per internal requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Able to read and interpret blue prints
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Competency running CMM program
- Ability to operate a vision system
- Ability to perform basic manual inspection, including proficiency with various hand tools, such as: calipers, height gauges, and micrometers
- Experience programing CMM highly desired
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of inspection experience required.
- Must provide proof of US Citizenship or Green Card.
- Ability to pass a drug screen per Custom Microwave, Inc.’s drug testing policy.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check per Custom Microwave, Inc.’s policy.
Custom Microwave, Inc.’s manufacturing facility is more than 56,000 square feet. Workers may be exposed to loud noises, chemicals, and other occupational hazards; personal protective equipment may be provided by The Company and at request.
CMI IS PROUD TO OFFER:
- Competitive wages and friendly working conditions.
- Excellent health, dental, short-term disability, and life insurance benefits.
- Quarterly bonuses
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) opportunities
Custom Microwave Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Diversity drives innovation.