Findlay, OH or San Antonio, TX
Relevant Experience Level:
Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Regular - Full Time
The IT Infrastructure Specialist II role is responsible for identifying and designing solutions that increase End User productivity across Marathon’s end user community; field and office employees. Candidate will partner and collaborate with digital workplace team members from each of the different service towers including mobility, unified communications, end user compute, virtualization, collaboration, as well as IT security, compliance, etc.
Candidate will be an advocate for the End User computing technologies and will partner with business facing IT leads to drive change and adoption across organizations. Candidate will provide input and recommendations on the business outcomes of the program as well as designing projects that fit under the End User computing group.
Candidate must be experienced in developing solutions to address the current and future end user workstation needs of an organization and possess the acumen necessary to transform business challenges into business opportunities utilizing the latest proven technologies.
This position is a part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Demonstrates specialized expertise & possess technical skills in End User Computing areas of information technology; performs the highly specialized responsibilities for the areas assigned. Specialties include but are not limited to, workstation and mobile device management and support, computer operating systems, virtualization, patching and software delivery functions.
- Provides roadmap and execution of technology leading to the management, configuration, user enablement, and protection of mobile computing devices and PCs; Develops and supports device and endpoint management best practices in SCCM\Intune; assists with securely enabling ease of access to company data and applications from any device.
- Work as part of a technical team to effectively deliver technology, tools, and solutions; Design and define system architecture for new or existing environments, utilizing proven virtual desktop infrastructure technologies and unified endpoint management technologies; Maintain and optimize standard workstation image and desktop platform configuration.
- Studies and analyzes business problems and assists in deriving and evaluating alternative solutions as applicable in the End User computing space.
- Assesses and optimizes the use of digital workplace technologies and how they can be leveraged thru client adoption.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the Workstation specialty area and applies appropriate methodologies to ensure timely and cost-effective solutions to solve business problems.
- Participates in testing of solutions (or change thereto) prior to placing it in effect to ensure that it complies with all standards, and that all functions are working correctly, in close alignment with change management teams.
- Develops a working understanding of other associated information technology tools and utilizes such tools to enhance the quality of work performed, or services provided.
- Develops the expertise needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of changes to the specialized systems that result in solving specific business problems. Recommends Aligns with Enterprise & Solution Architecture practice, governance and frameworks.
- Understands the compliance controls and security requirements of a system; develops adequate controls/security for systems; and learns the mechanics of implementing the controls/security method chosen.
- Develops the interpersonal skills needed to function effectively as a member of a team and to interface constructively with business partners.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Minimum 3+ years IT experience in IT delivering modern/digital solutions
- 3+ years of experience in designing solutions (Workstation, End user, or Business productivity).
- 3+ years of experience in an Oil & Gas, manufacturing, or industry supporting field workers.
- Critical Thinking - Identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities; using data analysis to draw conclusions; using judgment in choosing a course of action; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Collaboration - Identifying opportunities and building strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Development - Familiar with SQL, Programming languages and concepts, web development, scripting, PowerShell.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them to understand and retain the message.
- Drive for Results: Being proactive to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system with more than 3 million barrels per day of crude oil capacity across 16 refineries. Marathon Petroleum's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon branded outlets. Speedway LLC, a Marathon Petroleum subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company which owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.