PMSA Group is currently searching for qualified Senior Operations Research Analysts for CONTINGENT POSITIONs in support of the United States Central Command (USCENTCOM). USCENTCOM is establishing a team responsible for the command’s requirements program to provide analysis, technical expertise, Capabilities Based Assessments (CBA), and other studies and analysis for client injects into the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) and other aspects of the Joint Strategic Planning System (JSPS).
Operations Research Analysis is the development and application of mathematical models, statistical analyses, simulations, analytical reasoning, and common sense to help people and organizations make better decisions for the improvement of real-world operations. Improvement can be measured by the minimization of cost, maximization of efficiency, or optimization of other relevant measures of effectiveness. Mathematics, probability, statistics, economics, human factors, and optimization supply the theoretical background for analyzing alternative choices in tactical, operational, and strategic warfare, and in planning, budgeting, and procurement of systems and forces. Practitioners are called on to advise decision makers on the allocation of scarce resources, the selection of new equipment and processes, and the optimal employment of given resources to achieve required missions. Seeking a creative candidate who is also rigorous in analyses and precise in articulation, and who listens well, asks good questions, and infuses confidence, to provide decision-making information at the strategic, operational, and tactical levels covering the gamut of military activities including national policy analyses, operational and campaign planning, resource allocations, force compositions and modernizations, logistics, intelligence, and command and control.
- Initiate, oversee, and/or develop requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for extremely complex programs; develop project requirements, plans, and schedules to support analysis and requirements activities
- Determine the nature of ill-structured or broadly stated problems; identify problem ramifications; pursue alternatives; provide technical expertise concerning the validity of assumptions and the evaluation criteria for study alternatives
- Define problems, conduct research, develop proposals for experiments’ design; isolate representative factors which describe the operation, perform data collection and reduction, display data for analysis, examine the underlying relationships and select appropriate methods or techniques, formulate mathematical expressions, construct analytical and mathematical models for understanding the effects of alternative courses of action, draws (often controversial) conclusions; develop operational insights; and prepare reports describing and justifying the results
- Perform work with a marked degree of technical authority and assume responsibility for each step of the analytic process, the thoroughness of the study, application of relevant factors for analysis, significance of the findings, and effectiveness of the presentation
- Develop and support new analytic capabilities as requirements evolve within the command (e.g., data mining and analysis, systems analysis, social analysis, wargaming, survey design and analysis)
- Identify and articulate capability gaps and produce client recommendations for solutions to mitigate or fill capability gaps for established requirements.
- Monitor Functional Capability Boards (FCB) and participate in client operational planning processes.
- Develop information displays, decision briefings, analytical papers, and facilitate senior leadership decisions.
- Staff, analyze, coordinate, track, and maintain oversight for all client CBA and other studies, Joint Urgent Operational Needs (JUONs), and Joint Emergent Operational Needs (JEONs) in support of the client mission.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a DoD Top Secret (TS) clearance and be Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligible; also must have a current DoD approved Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) having at least one year of eligibility remaining before required renewal of their background investigation.
- S. in Operations Research or Statistics and 10+ years’ experience in relevant ORSA positions
- PhD in Operations Research or Statistics can be used to partially satisfy the experience requirement.
Additional Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with the Joint Requirements Generation Process
- Experience working in a Joint and/or Combatant Command
- Experience with CBAs, JUONs, JEONs, and FCBs a plus
- Experience with Knowledge Management (KM) or Decision Support (DS) taskings a plus
- Experience with JRAC, SIG, or WSIG a plus
- Experience with Joint planning a plus
- Experience with the CENTCOM Area of Responsibility a plus
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
BuzzDoc LLC dba Performance Management Simulation and Analysis (PMSA) Group Overview:
PMSA Group is a small business focused on providing superior system and data analysis services to government and commercial clients. Join the growing PMSA Group family and let your career growth meet your expectations. We are a team of ORSAs, Data/Database Management, and Software Engineering professionals that reward employees through competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing. BuzzDoc LLC was founded in 2011 by Bruce C. Shultes, PhD in Danville, CA. For additional information see our website at buzzdocllc.com
Job Type: Full-time
- ORSA positions: 10 years (Required)