Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has an opening for a motivated and caring Job Coach
to provide individualized training and follow-up support services, which enhances stability and job retention for our participants in employment situations. The Job Coach position will provide services to Pine Belt Mental Health's consumers who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in Forrest County. Full-time position available; will work the same schedule as the individual served. Previous experience as a job coach preferred.
For 40 years, Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources has served individuals throughout the Pine Belt. Through an extensive continuum of care, we strive to enable adults with serious mental illnesses, children with serious emotional disturbances, and individuals with an addiction or developmental disability to live, work, learn, and participate fully in their communities. Our thirteen county service area includes Forrest, Jones, Harrison, Hancock, Lamar, Covington, Greene, Jeff Davis, Marion, Perry, Wayne, Stone, and Pearl River Counties.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record required
- Reliable transportation needed to provide services in the community
- Experience providing job coaching preferred
- Experience working with ID/DD population preferred
- Assesses work environment and learns all aspects of the job the consumer is hired to do.
- Assists in job exploration, application, trains individuals on job specific duties, transports individuals to and from work, enhances natural supports in work environment to facilitate the individual's independence in the work place.
- Assists individuals in acquiring and maintaining sustained competitive employment with the highest level of independence.