Haviland Enterprises, Inc., a 100% Employee Owned, industrial chemical, plastics and pool and spa chemical manufacturing and distribution company, specializing in creative chemistry seeks a Plant Manager/Operations Manager for our West Grand Rapids, MI industrial chemical facility in our Haviland Products Company-HPC division. We are looking for an independent, reliable, self-motivated, self-starter, with a positive attitude, team approach, with an "Owner" and process improvement mentality.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience managing in a manufacturing environment. Chemical environment strongly preferred.
- Advanced leadership skills, knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing process improvement techniques using LEAN Mfg. and management principles and practices.
- Proficient knowledge of computers/software applications including: Microsoft Office, Outlook, ERP system experience (Chempax preferred, but can learn).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, motivational, and influencing skills with the ability to appropriately target and focus communications to the intended audience.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, time-management, and multi-tasking skills.
- High commitment to safety, environment, quality & customer satisfaction.
- Ability to develop procedures, methods, and standards and exercise sound objective judgment in evaluating situations, problem solving analysis, and making decisions.
- Perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure departmental compliance with all safety, company policies, procedures, and governmental laws and regulations, while safeguarding the workplace, community and environment.
- Spend time on the plant floor managing and training supervisors, auditing procedural compliance and fostering positive employee relations.
- Ensure effective employee relations by providing coaching and development, and resolving issues through problem solving. Responsible for making employment decisions and for performance management.
- Plan, staff, direct, lead, coach, and evaluate operations and personnel within the Operations department at West facility.
- Evaluate and manage performance to achieve desired results while meeting productivity and cost budgets.
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and lead improvement in EHS, quality, productivity and cost performance for those departments directly supervised by encouraging and supporting employee ideas for improvement.
- Analyze data to assess performance and lead/propose/implement process improvements.
- Lead/Initiate cost savings and process improvements to achieve positive results in all areas and continuously improve.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to optimize effectiveness with the assistance of the supervisors and employees. Delegate effectively to maximize results and develop personnel.
- Work with production supervisors and schedulers as needed to resolve scheduling, lead time, and capacity issues.
- Propose changes to staffing and equipment to meet productivity and capacity objectives.
- Make recommendations for capital investments within the areas of responsibility.
- Maintain operability of machines and auxiliary equipment by troubleshooting and engaging Maintenance and Engineering as needed.
- Work directly with Sales, Inventory, Purchasing and other depts. to establish & meet agreed performance expectations.
- Train employees on dept. training, and ensure compliance with HR, EHS and ISO policies and procedures as required.
- Provide ongoing leadership, manage training, and coaching to the employees directly supervised, issue proper corrective action and evaluate performance to achieve results and process measures.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations, and ensure prompt and effective reporting, root cause analysis and follow up actions in response to incidents.
- Full-time, Salaried, Exempt position.
- High base wage.
- 100% Company provided equity growth & ownership through Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Approx. 8%-10% of earnings annually in the form of company stock and you become an Owner for free!
- Company matching 401(k) plan: 25% up to 6% of salary
- Immediate Vacation, Personal & Sick Paid Time Off
- 6 paid Holiday's & 2 paid Floating Holidays
- 1/2 Day Good Friday Pay
- 8hrs Volunteer Time Off annually
- Cell Phone for business & personal use
Medical & Prescription Healthcare plan:
- Priority Health HMO / PPO
- 1st of the month following first 30 days
- One of the best plans in GR at one of the lowest employee costs!
- $124/mth EE Only cost and $208/mth EE+Family cost
- $250 Individual Deductible and $500 Family Deductible
- Delta Dental
- No Deductible, $2,000 Plan Year Max, $2,000 Ortho Svcs.
- Cleanings & X-Rays covered at 100%
- 80% Basic Services & 80% covered Major Services
- $8/mth EE Only cost and $20/mth EE+Family cost
- $1.00/mth EE Only cost and $2.79/mth EE+Family cost
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Healthcare & Dependent Care
- 100% Company Paid Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance for Employees, Spouse & Children
- Reimburse 25% of the cost of Employee & Family Fitness Center Costs
- Reimburse 25% of the cost of Employee Fitness Classes or Race fees
- Reimburse 25% of the cost of Employee Fitness Trackers
- Free Flu Shots
Haviland Enterprises, Inc. was founded in 1934. Celebrating 84 years, Haviland is globally recognized as a conscientious, quality-driven Employee-Owned manufacturer and distributor. Haviland has maintained steady growth, and has 250 employees with an average length of service of 10+ years.
- Haviland Products Company manufactures specialty & products and offers a variety of contract manufacturing and packaging services from multiple facilities in Grand Rapids, MI and Kalamazoo, MI.
- Haviland Consumer Products, Inc. manufactures pool and spa products and sells a variety of pool and commercial hoses. Haviland Consumer Products Inc. operates in Grand Rapids, MI; Walker, MI and recently acquired Baleco International, Inc. in North Bend, OH which manufactures pool and spa chemicals and plastics injection molding.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Haviland is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.**
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Management: 5 years (Required)