The Tasting Room Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the tasting
room and guest experience at Sunset Hills Vineyard, carrying out the company mission to create
guests for life by creating memorable experiences.
Schedule: Friday - Monday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- The champion of customer service and staff education by ensuring that all Tasting Room Associates communicate in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Manages and responsible for reconciling weekly Tasting Room cash banking per company banking procedure.
- Tabulates bi-weekly payroll. Provides this information to accounting accurately in
time for pay check distribution.
- Schedules Tasting Room Associates to maximize staff productivity.
- Responsible for supervising, motivating and developing all Tasting Room Associates
- Responsible for recruiting applicants, interviewing, hiring of Tasting Room Associates, as needed
- Ensures the tasting room is adequately and efficiently staffed at all times by scheduling tasting room associates while accommodating hours of operation, special events, and staff requests for personal time off.
- Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat and stocked at all times. Ensure that displays of wine and non-wine products in tasting room are attractive and well-maintained
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively work to promote and recognize performance. Assign duties and monitor quality of work; assure staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations
- Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the tasting room and ensure that Tasting Room Associates are trained to identify and pursue sales opportunities presented by contact with guests
- Utilize cash register and POS system to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory, and reconcile daily sales and posts transactions
- Maintain physical inventory of merchandise items in the tasting room and all front of house supplies
- Maintain, evaluate and provide periodic reports on the guest comments and feedback
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures, train staff on policies and procedures, effectively communicate changes and ensure compliance
- Work to develop and maintain point of sale materials specific to the guest experience (signage, wine lists, event promotion, etc.)
- Keep up to date on overall activities, identify problem areas and take corrective action
- Participate in the development of the strategic plan for the organization
- Track and report sales results for executive management
- Other duties, as assigned
- Supervises tasting room staff in accordance with Company policy and applicable Federal, State and local applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and development and terminating employees
- Planning, assigning and directing work
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated business acumen and an innate understanding of wine hospitality and customer service excellence
- Ability to drive team to deliver financial and strategic results and exceptional service standards
- Entrepreneurial and creative spirit to drive and move the winery forward
- Proven leadership skills and track record of success in managing others
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to
speak in front of people
- Willing to work holidays and weekends as required and extended hours in order to complete the job
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, as well as POS and database applications.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Must be proactive and have strong organizational skills including exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- High-level guest service skills
- Wine knowledge and appreciation are necessary for this position
- A valid driver’s license is required with clean DMV record
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years related retail or wine hospitality management and sales
Other Desired Skills and Abilities
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic environment
- Must have strong ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Adaptable to change and able to manage competing demands
- Process-oriented, flexible and deals well with ambiguity
- Effectively participates in a team environment
- Knowledge and ability to comply with Federal, State and Company policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to take initiative and drive results
- Maintains a high degree integrity and strong work ethic
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Movement within office complex and winery environment
- Ability to write by hand and use keyboard extensively to perform general office functions
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing continuously
- Visual acuity needed for close detail work and computer use
- Ability to stand for extensive periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds regularly and consistently
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Holidays required