At Batory Foods, we encourage our team to Bring YOU, Every Day because true success starts with the ability to be yourself and letting your unique talents shine. Since 1979, the heart of our success has been our people. The Friedman family established a legacy of generosity, warmth, and respect. And with core values like Invest in Relationships and Be Relentless About Improvement, each member of our team consistently strives for excellence to uphold that legacy—whether it’s related to the employee experience, our processes, or the customer journey. Join our team today and help us build a better tomorrow, together.
Tuition reimbursement program
Be Positively Excellent well-being program
Term Life Insurance Plan
Standard Disability Plan
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - MANUFACTURING - 3rd Shift - 9:30pm - 6:00am
Working leader of Manufacturing center that oversees the daily shipping and receiving to ensure that customer and vendor requirements are achieved in accordance with company policies, and food safety and quality regulations such as AIB standards. This role serves as a team member in cross functional teams of internal stakeholders by participating in the coordination of Inventory Control, Quality Control, Logistics, & Safety within the facility; and serves as an active team member in developing and implementing process and productivity improvement within the facility.
- Assists in the determination and development of staffing profiles for optimum operations.
- In conjunction with the Facility Manager, manages the hiring, orientating, evaluation, and development of staff.
- Develops and executes positive reinforcements to create good behaviors in team members or negative reinforcements up to and including termination.
- Develops and assess appropriate procedures for processing products, with a focus on high quality work processes, in order to meet customer needs.
- Establishes and monitors the daily schedule and priorities to ensure they adhered to and resources are utilized properly.
- Ensures accuracy, housekeeping, product damage minimization and safety through monitoring and enforcement of company policy and process requirements.
- Manages the implementation of operational policies, programs and systems including FSMA, Safety, Quality, etc.
- Ability to apply basic to intermediate computer skills to complete reporting requirements in multiple software applications.
- Has a superior level of knowledge and experience involved in troubleshooting within functional areas.
- Ability to implement process improvement initiatives and productivity improvements within the facility.
- Ability to effectively lead multiple teams and collaborate with other supervisors.
- Completes other duties assigned by the Production Facility Manager.
- Lead entire off-shift operations while delivering key performance indicators (safety, quality, cost and service).
- Manage production, this may include other departments as necessary.
- Monitors the production process, makes periodic checks and adjusts equipment or work practices according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times.
- Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up and supervise change overs.
- Manage overall package and product quality to ensure all standards and specifications are maintained. Analyze performance data in order to identify business opportunities.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Prior experience with software applications including WMS, YMS, Billing Management, Labor Management, preferred.
- Experience with Data Collection, Metrics, and KPI’s.
- Previous experience with a WMS Previous experience with a YMS, and other software applications such as Billing Management, Labor Management, etc. preferred Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in the Food and Beverage industry preferred.
- Experience in supervising people.
- Self-motivated and disciplined team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve process, systems and/or mechanical failure.
Education and Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field.
- 7 + years of experience working in a warehouse environment with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Forklift Operator certification.
Batory Foods in an equal opportunity employer which considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Batory Foods also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify us immediately.