Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of business processes pertaining to Walgreen third-party operations and programs. Responsible to develop business solutions for Pharmacy Services through business requirement collection and data analysis. Develops and presents specific recommendations to Pharmacy Services leadership team.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes and industry practices pertaining to third-party operations, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for receiving and documenting questions, issues, troubleshooting requests, non-standard operations, and new business requirements from retail pharmacies, Health and Wellness business units, insurance carriers, PBM operations, and other corporate departments.
- Analyzes and identifies positive and negative trends derived from data and designs/recommends best practice identification and implementation to optimize performance and minimize operational disruptions in Third-Party operations.
- Collects, analyzes and presents information pertaining to long-term planning and strategic goals of the Third-Party operations department.
- Works on projects in program development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning as it relates to Third-Party operations.
- Provides operational support (e.g., budget management and reporting, systems enhancements documentation, etc.) for the department.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions; OR High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example:
using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Experience in Third-Party operations functions within a major pharmacy retailer.
Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example:
designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
Experience using Intercom Plus.