University of Colo Hospital
UCHealth Eye Center Lone Tree
1st Shift - Days
Scheduled Days & Hours:
8a - 4:30p M to F
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different:
a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary – Patient Access Registrar-Call Center/Scheduling Position
This position is overnights. Register patients to receive medical services, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Obtain demographic information, validate insurance, and collect payments. Answer and/or refer questions received from patients, visitors, and staff.
- Answering patient calls and scheduling appointments
- Perform verification of insurance for payors including Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, Blue Cross Fed and others. Collect co-pays or co-insurances per financial policy. Communicate payment options when significant patient liabilities are identified. Refer patients to Financial Assistant Representative when need is identified for financial screening.
- Utilize Medicare medical necessity module for appropriate diagnosis codes and procedures. Complete Medicare Secondary Payor Questionnaire for all Medicare eligible patients on each visit except for standing orders and recurring accounts.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Offer Patient Rights and Responsibilities information to each patient. Explain and request patients to sign consent and release forms as required. Ensure excellent customer service by walking patients to their destination. May occasionally transport patients by wheelchair.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.