Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader is looking for a dynamic part time RN Patient Advocate Specialist to join our team!
Associate degree RN with BSN preferred.
RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Three Years Hospital Acute Experience. Prefer at least 3 years of management experience such as Charge Nurse or Supervisor or Manager or above. and customer service experience.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing.
Work Hours/ Schedule:
16 hours per week
Minimum Required Skills:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal),
strong organizational abilities, strong service orientation, sensitivity to patients needs, ability to deal with a variety of healthcare organization/delivery, satisfaction measurement, personalities w/tact &diplomacy, flexibility. Quantitative skills, expert computer skills including word processing, Survey Monkey, and database software. Presentation facilitation, and training experience, Bilingual preferred.
- Receives complaints and/or grievances directly from patients or others on the patient's behalf by multiple methods (phone, letters, in person, etc). Reviews, researches and evaluates complaints and grievances to determine appropriate response based on CMS guidelines and hospital policy. Prioritizes concerns in multiple or complex issues. Oversees referral, investigation, and resolution of complaints/grievances independently and coordinates response by involved departments. Appropriate parties informed and involved, appropriate follow-up completed,& complaints and grievances resolved within the outlined required timeframes to keep the hospital in compliance within regulatory federal and state agencies.
- Maintains compliance with the CMS Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Conditions of Participation, other regulatory standards and
hospital policy. Responds to government or regulatory complaints and responds to agencies as needed. Serves as grievance coordinator for
Texas Health Plano. Facilitates required grievance committee as well as prepare annual reporting as outlined in the CMS Conditions of Participation.
- Documents 100% of complaints and grievances received. Provides data for centralized database of patient complaints/grievances and assists with reporting of patient satisfaction/patient complaints as requested.
- Participates in Patient Safety and Risk Management Operations by identifying potential liability in complaints received. Identify and
communicate potential liability concerns through the THR Claims management process. If a potentially compensable event is identified from a complaint, complete a new case review summary. May also cross cover Risk Manager on occasion.
- Identifies problems and works with those areas involved to implement changes and solutions. Identifies trends within database and works with Service Excellence to help identify opportunities for improvement based on those trends. Collaborates with Quality and Risk Management Department to differentiate quality of care issues and to refer those safety or risk related issues appropriately through separate SALT database for resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.