Reporting directly to the Director of Sales, a Resort Sales Manager at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is responsible for developing and fostering relationships with businesses and organizations through proactive direct sales in a luxury resort environment. This position would be primarily focused on selling accommodations within KIGR Villas and Private Homes for special events, group conference, or business meetings.
Responsible for direct sales solicitation on behalf of Kiawah Island Golf Resort accomplished through:
- Direct solicitation on existing and potential new accounts.
- Handling incoming calls for group requests within established guidelines.
- Active solicitation in the re-booking of established customers.
- Regularly scheduled sales/service contacts by telephone or correspondence with assigned accounts.
- Development of recommended special promotions or packages and submitting recommendations to the Director of Sales for review and approval.
- Active participation in industry and civic organizations representing opportunities for business, subject to approval of the Director of Sales.
- Arranging and conducting site inspections with clients, including entertaining to highlight Resort amenities and venues.
Communication to customers, prospects, and in-house departments through:
Education and Experience:
- Prompt response to all inquiries or correspondence from customers and prospects.
- Prompt response to inquiries from designated representative firms working for our Resort.
- Preparation and submission of reports as may be required by the Director of Sales.
- Close interaction with other resort departments in arranging accommodations, services, and special events for our booked business.
- Maintenance of adequate and current files on assigned accounts.
- Participation in sales department meetings.
College degree preferable.
At least two years’ experience required in Resort sales or hospitality management.
Previous experience exemplifies high-level, professional interaction delivering results consistent with maximizing revenue for all resort operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must possess advanced computer skills and detailed knowledge of various computer programs, including but not limited to; Delphi Sales & Catering Software, Sequel reporting, Visual One.
Microsoft Word and Excel.
Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Work independently with minimum supervision.
Able to work under pressure.
Adapt to changing requirements.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
High attention to detail.
Capability to work well in a team environment that supports overall office success.
Able to help set and accomplish goals that meet and exceed expectations.
100% - Verbally communicates with clients, guests, and co-workers.
50% - Sitting during shift.
30% - Standing during shift.
20% - Travel
20% - Pushing and pulling 20 lbs (travel).
Weekend coverage as needed. Entertainment and travel required.