Herman & Kittle Properties— Maintenance Technician
Indianapolis-Near North Side
**Eligible for a sign-on bonus of $750**
The Maintenance Technician helps the property achieve success by keeping the buildings and grounds in good condition and by providing excellent customer service to residents.
- Monitor maintenance expenses and ensure that they are below budget.
- Perform an inspection of community grounds each morning.
- Prepare/turn over vacant apartments for occupancy according to schedule.
- Complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Complete preventative maintenance activities.
- Maintain landscaping, bushes, trees and lawn.
- Perform snow removal of community sidewalks.
- Maintain log of weather and snow removal efforts.
- Maintain records of maintenance performed in all units and at the site.
- Maintain all tools, equipment and replacement parts in working condition.
- Sweep, clean and maintain all common areas of the community.
- Supervise contractors working at the site.
- Provide emergency resident support after office hours.
- Maintain resident and specific apartment preventative maintenance records.
- Provide service and maintenance for all common amenities.
- Conduct quarterly unit inspections.
- Communicate openly with other team members regarding work priorities and the state of projects.
- Maintain records/documentation of maintenance work performed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of maintenance experience desired
- HVAC and EPA certification preferred but not required
- Ability to be on-call for emergencies
- Must have strongly developed intuition; must be able to analyze problems and find solutions.
- Must be flexible and able to shift priorities if needed.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 pounds.
- Must have strong communication and people management skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of individuals and personalities (team members, residents, vendors, etc.); sometimes must maintain professionalism and respect while dealing with upset and angry residents.
- Must understand customers’ needs and respond to them, connecting them with the right solution; must be able to market and sell.
- Must be very organized, with a strong attention to detail; must stay on top of paperwork.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)