Merola Tile, the leading tile distributor in America, is in its 30th year of business and rapidly growing. We are looking for extraordinary people to be a part of our growth in our Manalapan office. We want you to come join our team!
If you are looking for a place that offers stability, the opportunity for growth, great people to work with and amazing incentives! You have found the right place!
This position is primarily responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the purchasing department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain and communicate all necessary information to both factories and team members regarding new products and samples.
- Work closely with our Data Team to ensure accuracy of product technical data.
- Build new products and samples in ERP system.
- Work closely with our Marketing Team to develop brand packaging.
- Communicate all packing and labeling requirements to vendors.
- Maintain record and follow up with vendor co-op, promotional material, and product sourcing.
- Assist with daily cycle counts and spot counting of products.
- Assist with vendor and departmental meetings as needed.
- Generate reports for management as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn new software as needed.
- Work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
This is a full-time position. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
$16 - $18 per hour, based on experience.
- Medical/Vision/Dental insurance offered and effective the 1st of the month following sixty (60) days.
- Merit-based performance review given after first ninety (90) days with the company.
- Paid holidays after ninety (90) days (Holidays include New Year's Day, Christmas Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, and Thanksgiving Day).
- Paid Time Off earned and accrued after six (6) months with the company (up to fifteen (15) days per year).
- 401(K) eligibility after one (1) year, with company match.
- Employer-paid life insurance.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Wellness Incentives.
- Employee discount on tile and stoneware after six (6) months.
Additional work perks:
- Quarterly company goals where everyone in the company has the potential to earn up to 4 weeks additional bonus pay annually.
- Pizza lunches every Wednesday.
- Fresh fruit, coffee, hot chocolate and tea provided daily.
- A fun, friendly, family-like environment.
- Company culture events like BBQs, Ugly Sweater Day, t-shirt making events and Halloween costume contest.
** Candidates must be willing to submit to a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen. **
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Merola Sales Company, Inc. is an EEO employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour