Headquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people’s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents – and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Milliken Agriculture is a strategic growth initiative for the Chemical Division. The Division is investing heavily in this area, to include a recent acquisition of the Keystone Aniline Corporation, who were already a significant player in the seed treatment industry. Milliken Agriculture is composed of 4 market segments: seed, fertilizer, turf & ornamental, and ventures (ice melt and crop protection). Today, the majority of the business is North American centric, but we are activating all markets globally, to include investing in new labs and associates. Our vision is to bring significant value to all four of the segments via product quality, service/application knowledge, and innovation. Part of activating this vision is creating a team and a culture of highly motivated, technically knowledgeable account managers that are excited about being part of a high growth, high investment area where we learn the needs of our markets and apply Milliken’s competencies to create significant value. We are currently looking for an Account Manager to cover the Eastern Corn Belt, Middle Atlantic, and New England markets. This position could be based out of our headquarters in Spartanburg, SC or a home office.
• World class key account management skills with a strategic approach for selling
• Build strong networks and affiliations within key market segments
• Ability to translate customer needs into opportunities
• Handle inquiries and foster contact with target customers and market segments
• Uncover and close new business opportunities
• Manage existing accounts and relationships as well as some new business development
• Be the face of the organization at trade shows and help develop market materials and sales tools
• Bachelor’s degree (specialized degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Agricultural Business, Agricultural Engineering, Soil Science, or similar field is preferred)
• 2+ years agronomy sales experience highly preferred
• Ability to make technical insights and suggestions, connect value with solution, and critical thinking
• Agronomic knowledge with ability to anticipate agronomic trends
• Strong professional room presence and presentation/communication skills
• Commercially savvy with proven customer management skills
• Strategic approach to selling
• Can sell internally and externally while inspiring and incentivizing others (teamwork track record)
• Project management skills
• Strong management and organization skills
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.