H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B Facility Alliance Partners are leading-edge innovators in facility design, construction, and maintenance. They work hard to make sure facilities and equipment are designed, procured, maintained, and improved to maximize resources and create tailored shopping experiences for our Customers. Our Design team is dedicated to designing and delivering integrated, highly creative, and innovative retail environments crafted to maximize H-E-B's brand commitment.
As a Principal Store Planner, you'll be responsible for building H-E-B's vision from the inside out. You'll interpret program and scope details, integrating them with interior / exterior site design and aesthetic for new Stores, remodels, innovation projects, and office spaces. You'll also provide leadership and oversight to design projects and assigned Partners.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... passionate about coaching and mentoring?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... combination of inspiration and trend information expertise to extend H-E-B's brand strategy?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... ability to make great design decisions quickly?
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree in architecture or interior design
- 10+ years of retail design experience
What is the work?
Design & Development:
- Provides leadership and oversight of project plans; ensures consistency with H-E-B design standards, strategic objectives, and goals
- Serves as lead project manager; oversees the work of Store Planners
- Trains / coaches / mentors less-experienced Store Planners
- Leads development of interior design ideas, concepts, and specific solutions that will deliver creative, impactful, cost-effective, productive, genuine, resourceful, timely, and complete results
- Leads development of interior design solutions that positively influence the character of the H-E-B retail environment
- Leads multiple Store planning and design functions, including alignment meetings with senior leadership
- Leads rapid iteration of new design concepts by leading project-level, cross-functional teams with limited definition and direction
- Independently manages complex projects and multiple, simultaneous deliverables
- Leads initiatives to obtain project data and establish program requirements
- Establishes criteria to develop / evaluate project scope; leads review of project plans; develops project QA standards
- Leads project cost analysis; evaluates the impact against business models
- Leverages advanced knowledge of building codes, zoning laws, and related construction ordinances / regulations to further project and department goals
- Collaborates with / identifies key partners for creation and adherence to critical design milestones; ensures total cost of ownership is understood prior to approving changes
- Manages vendor relationships as needed, or based on project requirements
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in architecture or interior design
- 10+ years of retail design experience
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Principal Store Planner?
- Advanced knowledge of building codes, zoning laws, and related construction ordinances / regulations
- Advanced understanding of building systems and their coordination / integration in H-E-B facilities
- Advanced understanding of contracts and working with consultants
- Strong understanding of how to advocate for the H-E-B Brand and design aesthetic
- Understanding of scheduling, work processes, and protocol
- Highly proficient in software used to create H-E-B designs (AutoCAD, Revit, MS Office, Photoshop, SketchUp)
- Advanced time-management skills
- Advanced verbal / written communicationand presentation skills
- Strong strategic / conceptual thinking skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in selection / use of finishes (color, form, scale, texture) that will be aesthetically pleasing and cost effective
- Ability to demonstrate skills related to programming, space allocation, planning
- Ability to work and create with little supervision (alone or in team / group settings); self-directed
- Ability to manage a schedule, deadlines, and multiple priorities and shift focus between projects
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel with overnight stays
- Work extended hours
Primary Location US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations Headquarters-Arsenal 646 S. Flores San Antonio 78204
Job FA Design
Organization Corporate Region
Job Type Full-time
Job Posting Oct 17, 2019, 9:01:51 PM Unposting Date Ongoing