The Senior Network Administrator maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades and monitoring network performance
- Bachelor's Degree of Computer Science, or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable work experience
- Knowledge of Network Performance Tuning
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Assist in providing computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users
- Monitor and evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage, providing items to be covered in training of users, making them more efficient
- Install new software applications or hardware on the LAN, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards.
- Assist in installation of workstations and printers on the LAN.
- Assist in gathering bid prices on equipment and supplies as needed
- Provide written document on a monthly basis which defines upcoming needs of network which would require purchase of additional hardware or software
- Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
General office environment; work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking.