At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling:
To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Why work for IBM Quantum
Why work for IBM Quantum?Quantum computers are incredibly powerful machines that take a new approach to processing information. Built on the principles of quantum mechanics, they exploit complex and fascinating laws of nature that are always there, but usually remain hidden from view. By harnessing such natural behavior, quantum computing can run new types of algorithms to process information more holistically. They may one day lead to revolutionary breakthroughs in materials and drug discovery, the optimization of complex man-madesystems, and artificial intelligence. We expect them to open doors that we once thought would remain locked indefinitely. Do you want to be a part of this revolutionary team?
About Your Role
A part of the content team, copywriters use their skills and expertise to plan, develop and execute assignments of varying magnitude on an as-needed basis. They help develop marketing materials, including short-form web and paid copy, blog articles, infographics, “smart papers,” video scripts and social media materials, as well as long-form white papers and other in-depth collateral. All of these materials are essential for communicating the IBM value proposition to customers and prospects.
You are committed to flawless execution and have a passion for compelling storytelling that engages an audience, and must balance tactical expertise with an audience-first approach.
This role reports to the Manager of Content Marketing, and is responsible for:
- Creating content to communicate IBM’s stories and messages through a wide range of assets, across all channels
- Turning marketing messaging into audience-centric content
- Holding themselves accountable for quality while actively seeking feedback from editors to evolve the craft
- Focusing on content that compels an audience to take action, and is original in the marketplace
- Managing multiple projects, priorities and stakeholders to deliver on deadline
- Helping to review team members’ work to ensure it aligns to tone, style, brand guidelines, and voice.
About Content Marketing at IBM
People are bombarded and disrupted by over 14,000 messages a day. The world doesn’t need more content; it needs better content. Hence, the “IBM Originals” approach to content was created to be the storytelling arm of IBM. We create stories and content experiences that matter to our audiences, move them to act, and cut through the noise in the market.
We believe that content is the best way to build relationships at scale and that stories must be creatively told, uniquely delivered, and useful to our audience. Do you have what it takes? Want to be part of a company where science and creativity collide to make the new big bang in content?
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years’ experience in copywriting, creative/content strategy or marketing communications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field – business, marketing, communications, journalism, PR, etc.
- Self-directed, thrives in a fast-paced environment, strong communication skills
- Rock-solid understanding of optimal multi-channel approach: social, digital, media, and content metrics.
- Excellent skills in gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing internal and external research, and organizing these insights into sound copy that is shareable across channels
- Familiarity with content/social/SEO
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to facilitate and initiate creative thinking in content creation and content strategy
- Ability to develop relationships and work with a wide array of partners in content development, production and measurement, video distribution and social media.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.