Deloitte Consulting’s Government and Public Services (GPS) Human Capital practice is a leading advisor and implementation partner working with federal, state and local governments, agencies and service organizations across the country. Our goal is to improve our clients’ organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of operations and people.
Work you’ll do
As a Deloitte Consulting Compensation Strategies Senior Consultant in the Workforce Transformation practice, you will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Lead total cash compensation studies for a variety of public sector clients (federal, state, local and higher education organizations)
- Collaborate with clients to conduct compensation value and program design benchmark studies
- Help clients participate in published compensation surveys
- Participate in the design of merit pay, salary ranges/structures, incentive/bonus compensation plans, and recognition programs
- Model the financial impact of compensation plans in support of compensation plan analysis and design
- Help to lead job architecture projects focused on the design and structure of job titles and levels and the connection to pay program design
- Prepare client reports, including exhibits and summaries
- On occasion, contribute to projects focusing on the design of performance management and employee health and welfare benefit plans to address their impact on compensation programs
- Participate in marketing initiatives; conduct compensation program design surveys, write client project proposals, and write white papers and Points of Views on various compensation program and reward topics
- Help to lead the preparation of internal and external presentation materials on various compensation and reward topics in support of the Compensation Strategies practice
- Help to train and develop junior staff
The Workforce Transformation practice delivers solutions to help our clients transform their workforces and workplaces for business success in this era of technology disruption. We deliver solutions to enable our clients’ success in creating the very best workforce to achieve their business aspirations - providing end-to-end workforce lifecycle solutions.
Workforce Transformation supports our clients by:
- Imagining and transforming the composition and capabilities of the workforce to match the needs of the future of work in this age of technology disruption
- Delivering end-to-end transformations of workforce programs, services and processes to identify, build and incent to drive success of organizations and their workforces
- Delivering solutions within each workforce domain: Branding & Acquisition; Rewards & Well-being; Performance, Learning & Career Mobility; Leadership & Teaming; Diversity & Inclusion
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience in compensation in the public or private sector with 3 years of public sector compensation experience or a compensation consulting background working with public sector entities or private sector companies
- Strong knowledge of compensation surveys, custom survey design and statistical analysis, incentive plan design and analysis, job evaluation methodologies and pay structure analysis and design
- Experience managing mid-to-large sized data sets
- Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- 5 years of experience in a compensation consulting firm working on public sector compensation consulting projects, or
- 5 years of experience in public sector compensation role(s)
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.