Qualified candidates for the role of Medical Science Liaison (MSL or Sr. MSL) will demonstrate a high level of proficiency in effectively developing, engaging and maintaining professional relationships - primarily with top tier KOLs, healthcare providers and scientific experts focused on the epilepsy, metabolism and sleep therapeutic areas within Eisai’s portfolio / pipeline.
Successful candidates are adept at preparing and delivering presentations and effectively entering into strategic discussions as they relate to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on Eisai products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision-makers, and others.
Experienced candidates are expected to demonstrate leadership competencies and support team members via collaboration, sharing of best practices and influencing others. This may include but is not limited to the teaching, coaching and mentoring new hire and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking and depth of scientific knowledge are key competencies that must be readily demonstrated by a qualified candidate.
1. Develop and maintain professional relationships with prominent healthcare providers and key decision makers as they relate neurology to Eisai’s products (focus will be on epilepsy and sleep).
2. Provide presentations and enter into strategic discussions as it relates to medical/clinical, health economics and outcomes research data on Eisai neurology & sleep products to healthcare professionals, including individual physicians, researchers, managed markets medical and pharmacy directors, hospital decision-makers, formulary committees, consultant pharmacists, state Medicaid decision-makers, and others.
3. Assume a leadership role by teaching, coaching and mentoring new hire and/or less experienced MSLs and by assuming responsibility for special projects as they arise.
The impact that a MSL/Sr. MSL will have to the organization include the following: a) as representatives of Eisai, a MSL/Sr. MSL will communicate key information about Eisai, the company and its hhc mission; b) provide key scientific and clinical information about Eisai’s neurology and sleep products; provide a conduit for communication between Eisai Research and the medical community regarding ideas for future research with Eisai’s neurology and sleep products; and c) provide corporate value through demonstrated leadership and participation in strategic thinking.
- Advanced terminal degree in medical/biosciences (e.g M.D., PhD, PharmD)
- Minimum of 3 years of MSL experience, preferably in neurology or sleep therapeutic areas
- 5+ years pharma/industry related experience
- Disease state management knowledge in neurology or sleep therapeutic area
- Strong broad-based scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge as well as excellent presentation and teaching skills
- Strong overall written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and experience within Eisai neurology/sleep therapeutic area; comfortable and confident speaking about drug information/disease state management
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical corporate environment and appreciation for Commercial Operations, including Marketing and Sales strategies
- Understanding of the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons & Medical and Scientific Affairs
- Ability to lead and motivate team members without a direct reporting relationship
- Established relationships with key opinion leaders in therapeutic areas of interest
- Demonstrated ability to assess issues and think strategically
- Sound computer skills including applications for word processing, producing slide materials and working with spreadsheets
- Clinical research/drug development experience
- Clinical pharmacy experience