The School of the Performing Arts at Proctors is seeking an Assistant Musical Director for the summer of 2019 Broadway Camp MainStage production of LES MISERABLE School Edition. The Broadway Camp will be performed with a student orchestra, cast and crew of over 50 high school students from throughout the Capital Region. Previous shows have been ALL SHOOK UP, PIPPIN and AIDA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate must be able to work with students ages 14-19 with a wide range of skill levels. Responsible for acting as audition pianist, rehearsal pianist, playing keyboard in the show, and other duties normally associated as Assistant Musical Director.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Proficient in playing the piano & keyboards.
- Ability to utilize keyboard orchestration requirements. (programming or patching)
- Must be comfortable with large orchestration. (most of our orchestras are 12-17)
- Must be comfortable to step in rehearsal situations as needed to play for scene/song or dance rehearsal.
- Pre-production/creative meetings: March 4 - July 6 – as needed
- Auditions: 10am-2pm Sunday March 31, 4-7pm Tuesday, April 2 & 10am-2pm Saturday, April 6 (as audition pianist additional compensation @$30 per hour)
- Rehearsal: 9am-5:30pm July 8-August 2, M-F
o 1-6pm Sunday, July 28 for orchestra read through of score.
- Performances: 7pm Friday Aug 2, 2pm & 7pm Saturday Aug 3
$2000. There are no health benefits for this 4-week project/position. No housing provided for out of town artist.
Please visit school.proctors.org for more information about the School of the Performing Arts at Proctors, theREP and UPH.
Submit resume, cover letter and two references. No phone calls, please.
Proctors is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Friday, February 15, 2019