We are seeking a part-time or full time entry level office assistant for Sigma Health Care/ Galveston All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status or sexual preference, veteran status, physical or mental handicap, or any other legally protected status. .Please review the Job Description and requirements below before applying.
- Be a high school graduate or possess a Graduation Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Is fluent in English, Bilingual is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to research unknown facts and acquire new knowledge.
- Must communicate well via telephone and have the ability to deal tactfully with the community.
- Is familiar with the maintenance of office equipment.
- Possesses good organizational skills.
- Computer skills and word processing experience a must.
- Excell spreadsheet experience is preferred
- Must be able to take directions well and function as a collaborative team member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a representation of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. The Agency will make reasonable accommodations and training to allow otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- General receptionist duties including answering telephone inquiries, channeling calls, taking messages, and paging staff as directed.
- Complete coordination of filing room: filing and scanning patient notes and charts, preparing new patient charts, auditing charts for complete documentation, requesting records from hospitals, and Clinics, scheduling with patient for the skilled staff to assess, and obtaining charts upon request
- Provides general office support including copying, faxing, and mailing.
- Monitors, organizes and stocks all postage meter/office supplies including printed material/notes.
- Manage in / out company documents; sent to and received from Agency clinicians, patients and physician offices
- Logs mailing and receipt of all the above documents.
- Updates the patient/Case Manager board.
- assist HR manager in maintaining Employee records
- Prepares Open/admission packs, keeping a sufficient supply on hand.
- Assists with the Organization's compliance with federal and state regulations
- assist accounting in printing reports
- perform data entry as needed
- Participates in administrative/staff meetings as required.
- Organizes the front desk work area and keeps general office professional and tidy
- Accepts and performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Conforms to all Agency policies and procedures
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
- Monday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift