- High School Diploma or GED
- Driver's License
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Disability Insurance
- Credit Union Membership
ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
“Promoting Health and Wellness for all Arizonans” is the motto of the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS). ADHS promotes and protects the health of Arizona’s children and adults and sets the standard for personal and community health through direct care, science, public policy and leadership. ADHS is an award winning, nationally recognized department and is one of the largest in Arizona State Government with a budget of 1.5 billion dollars and workforce of approximately 1,550 employees.
Visit our website at http://www.azdhs.gov
Arizona State Hospital - 501 N. 24th St., Phoenix, AZ 85008
The Arizona State Hospital (ASH) is located on a 93 acre campus at 24th Street and Van Buren, in Phoenix, Arizona. ASH provides long-term inpatient psychiatric care to Arizonans with mental illnesses that are under court order for treatment. ASH protects the rights and privileges of each patient, including the patients’ rights to confidentiality and privacy. Treatment at ASH is considered “the highest and most restrictive” level of care in the state. Patients are admitted as a result of an inability to be treated in a community facility or due to their legal status. Hospital personnel provide state-of-the-art inpatient psychiatric care and are committed to treating patients and personnel with dignity and respect. Interdisciplinary care is delivered in collaboration with the patient, family, legal representatives and community providers with a focus on recovery and community reintegration.
This position will be a part of the Patient Finance group and will perform a wide variety of accounting duties associated with the daily patient bank operations.
All Arizona State employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
– Maintains individual ASH trust funds and the ACPTC resident trust funds. Enters and reconciles daily deposit transactions. Reconciles check register.
– Approves patient withdrawal vouchers, reviews accounts for errors, and maintains ledger accounts for all transactions.
– Listens and communicates to inquiries from patients, staff, guardians, and family members regarding patient deposit funds.
– Reviews and verifies fiscal documents for the revolving fund as it pertains to cash/check disbursements. Receives cash and checks for maintenance payments and personal spending. Prepares daily deposits for variety of funds.
– Follows banking policies and procedures. Maintains supporting documents for all accounts.
– Supporting a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of ADHS, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
Position Requirements include:
This position requires a high school diploma or GED
Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices of fiscal and financial record keeping; understanding, interpreting, and applying principles of accounting and general fiscal and financial record keeping practices
Skills in maintaining ledgers and journals; analyzing fiscal data; and procedures, methods, and office systems used in statistical record keeping.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
– Prefer 12 semesters hours or one year of accounting experience
– Preference will be given to candidates with prior Public Health experience
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
Accrued vacation pay and sick days
10 paid holidays per year
Deferred compensation plan
Credit union membership
A State Hospital employee must be able to obtain a valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card pursuant to A.R.S. § 41-1758.07. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700 for assistance.