Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,800 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage local installation teams and manage Chicago Area Projects.
- Report to Corporate Project Status’s and costs
- Provide manpower projections
- Supports sales with technical expertise and Project updates
- Maintain project management documentation(Purchase Orders, tracking labor hours, project schedule)
- Responds to Change Order requests
- Ensure Local LV Permits are pulled and closed
- Scheduling of local resources for Service and Project work
- Prior Project Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced level knowledge of SCS practices
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate level of MS Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience with installation of access control systems and CCTV systems
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and/or CAD software
- Strong knowledge of low voltage cabling and network infrastructure cabling including fiber, copper and coaxial for voice, data, CCTV, Access Control and A/V applications
- Licensed to perform Low Voltage work in the surrounding areas
- 10 years in the industry
- Prior Estimating experience
- Experience with scheduling multiple technicians and setting project priorities
- Experience maintaining Project Budgets and buying out for Project Materials
- Electrical License