Ensures excellence in customer service and professionalism by supervising day-to-day activities of the reception area in the outpatient department. Presents the best first impression possible to Lakeview Village guests and visitors.
- Ensures friendly, courteous, prompt, and informative service to customers of Lakeview Village outpatient department including residents, family, employees, and visitors via telephone, in writing, and in person.
- Performs office tasks required for coordination of therapy services to ensure prompt and efficient delivery of service.
- Organizes and tracks the medical records for the rehab clients to ensure timeliness of skilled documentation and physician orders.
- Completes billing paperwork as needed for therapy clients, scans and attaches billing and therapy documentation to EMR in accordance with established procedure.
- Assists with Part B SNF processes for physician orders, contacting DPOAs and sending out/obtaining signatures on required billing paperwork and discharge notification forms.
- Works closely with billing coordinators for insurance verification and active billing.
- Assists with AOD scheduling for therapy staff to ensure proper treatment frequency and to promote consistency for residents. Works closely with therapy staff/managers for optimal scheduling.
- Assists with updating and maintaining written procedures for functions performed in the rehab department.
- Ensures that departmental mail is retrieved and delivered or forwarded in an appropriate manner.
- Prepares/compiles a variety of data for OP, Medicare, and insurance billing as needed.
- Assists with distribution and collection of OP satisfaction surveys.
Performs AOD task list functions to facilitate timely billing at the end of the month,
- Performs duties related to keeping the office and treatment areas clean and orderly.
- Performs duties related to cleaning treatment areas as directed, updating logs for temperature checks, and gathering laundry.
- Assists rehab staff with the transport of clients and equipment. May be asked to provide general assistance during treatment.
- Develops and maintains a good working rapport with inter-department personnel and other departments within the facility, to ensure that departmental programs can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the facility and residents.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Two years of experience working in a rehab or medical office setting is preferred.
- Must possess a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software.
Must have experience working with electronic medical records.
- Demonstrates good communications skills, including but not limited to effective reading, writing, speaking, and analytical skills, with a fluent understanding of English.
- Must have the ability to exercise independent judgement and use creative problem solving skills.
- Possesses an empathetic approach to the elderly.
Able to work in a team setting with residents, relatives, staff, and others.