The Concierge – Administrative Assistant is the point of contact for Guest Services before and during their Shipyard Period. Responsible for orienting and assisting Customers with the local area and business, the Concierge – Administrative Assistant will provide suggestions for temporary housing, rental cars, points of interest or any other needs the Customer may have. This position will also support the Office Manager with daily internal tasks including time entry, crane and forklift operations log, material sourcing, and general clerical work as required.
Correspond directly with the vessels’ crew on their needs/requirements from the local area in regard to housing, transportation, points of interest, shops and business providers focusing on orienting the crew to the local community in a positive and professional way.
Collect and enter daily project hours for billing.
Maintain a daily log of crane, forklift, and effluent trailer activity for project billing.
Maintain and order office and breakroom supplies.
Maintain contract files, vendor files, and SYC manuals.
Assist with purchasing requests and material sourcing as required.
Manage employee uniform services and contracts.
Arrange travel plans, meetings, and training.
Process expense reimbursements through Concur.
Assist with social media footprint and advertising programs inclusive of as spaces in yachting guides and magazines, Facebook and other social media outlets; coordinate advertising.
Other Duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or related number of college hours in business or related field is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in a related field and/or position.
- 2+ years’ experience in the marine industry in a similar position.
- Working knowledge of class requirements as they pertain to the work.
- Must have at least an intermediary level of knowledge and understanding with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Must be dependable, work as a team player and have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to start and complete assigned tasks with a high level of quality in a timely and efficient manner.
Applicant may be subject to environmental conditions such as cold, heat, exposure to noise, hazards, and confined spaces/close quarters. Applicant must be aware of work environment at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, use hands and fingers, handle tools or controls, and talk or hear others. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations.