Salary: $15-$17/hr DOE
Insert Job Description:
The ReceivingManagerreports to the Assistant Branch Managers and Branch Manager and has the overall responsibility for monitoring and assisting in all activities in the ReceivingDepartment pertaining to all incoming/outgoing merchandise. Must take precautions and be aware of any potential theft indicators. In addition, provides leadership and guidance to all power equipment operators that are involved with loading and unloading of product from trailers. This position includes manual labor.
- Medical/Life Insurance
- Paid Holiday, Sick, and Vacation
- Ensure accuracy of item description and counts for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensure accuracy of all UPC numbers for all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Ensure accuracy when filling out Manifest/Bill of Lading.
- Ensure accuracy and maintain IBT Seal Log for both incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Ensure list of incoming Purchase Orders (Order Pool) is run and follow up with Buying or Logistics Department to ensure “on time” Purchase Orders.
- Record and file all incoming and outgoing Purchase Orders.
- Ensure Goods Received Book (GRB) and any Adjustment Vouchers (AVs) are current and accurate.
- Ensure ReceivingClerk is accurately entering everything received on the day it was received.
- Ensure all Driver Logs are maintained and filed appropriately
- Ensure ReceivingClerk has all deliveries properly scheduled.
- Ensure trucks are unloaded/loaded in a timely manner and maintain detention times to a minimum.
- Perform monthly self-audits being performed and address action items.
- Maintain open channel of communications with Logistics Department.
- Unload, Verify, Record, and Label all Cross-Dock Pickups.
- Ensure all Safety Policies are being adhered to in department.
- Ensure all HACCP guidelines are in place and according to plan.
- Will physically assist in loading and unloading of the trucks.
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Ensures friendly, efficient and professional customer service.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
- Assist in other departments as required and assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Minimum 1+ years similar experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, vendors and buyers.
- Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, and proportions.
- Computer Literate
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation.
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry ( > 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry ( > 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Occasional Push/Pull ( > 5x/hour) – 450 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Stand/walk – constantly
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – frequently
- Bend over/stoop – occasionally
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
- For the most part the ambient temperature will depend on the temperatures outdoors. Although the work is indoors, the dock activity maintains one side of the ReceivingDepartment open most of the day.
- Pace is job-set, meaning the pace varies depending on the receiving activities.
- There will be industrial vehicles (forklifts, Hilo) moving material throughout the warehouse.
Indeed Hire and Jetro and Restaurant Depot are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- managerial: 2 years (Required)
- supermarket/grocery store: 1 year (Required)
- receiving department: 2 years (Required)
- Birmingham, AL: Between 11 and 20 miles (Preferred)