The Office Manager will provide administrative and AT specialist support critical to the organizational operations. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, this position provides critical agency support and is responsible for necessary tasks.
Candidate needs to demonstrate a high level of professionalism with exceptional attention to detail, ability to multitask without feeling overwhelmed and perform tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. In addition, the individual must have solid organizational and computer skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
The position is the most critical and visible employee because it touches almost every aspect of the business. Candidate must have the ability to manage multiple special projects while minimizing disruption to other workers. Please submit a resume with references.
The essential functions listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed; the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to be completed by the position:
- Greet and direct office visitors, answer central office telephone system, respond to direct requests for information and forward messages to appropriate staff.
- Maintain general office areas in an orderly and clean fashion.
- Receive, distribute or respond to all incoming mail, including faxes and email, and coordinate outgoing mail and equipment shipping, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- General office duties such as typing, the flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, faxing, etc.
- Maintain database records regarding inventory, contacts, grant data, etc.
- Provide meeting support as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics). Coordinate materials for meetings and training sessions and other activities of the organization.
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards for both grant required data and financial records.
- Prepare accounting records per the General Accounting Principles (GAP) for annual financial audit. File and maintain financial information in an appropriate accounting system.
- Accurately code and post payable and receivable transactions to ledger accounts.
- Compile travel related documentation, substantiating business transactions; checks fiscal source documents to determine completeness, accuracy, and proper authorizations.
- Responsible for equipment inventories and tracking all property in compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Respond to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
* Required Responsibilities of All Staff*
- Complies with applicable ATLA policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission, by believing in the abilities of people with disabilities. Treat customers, families, and others with respect and ensures confidentiality of client records.
- Participate in special projects for mission-related investments; grant capacity building and other activities.
- Work collaboratively with and maintain productive, good working relationships with ATLA staff, the community, and other Alaska organizations.
- Demonstrate excellent people, problem-solving, organizational and time management skills. Self-directed – ability to complete projects and jobs with minimal supervision including a willingness to take a hands-on role when necessary.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with a positive attitude.
This position has regular responsibility for interaction and communication with a broad range of people, both in individual and group meetings. Contacts may be with the general public, or with other agencies, volunteers, or similar organizations. The position has a requirement to interact with customers frequently, and communications regularly contain confidential/sensitive information necessitating discretion.
The position functions with some supervision for new or unusual assignments, and only limited supervision for regular work. Work regularly calls for decision-making, problem-solving and recommendations with the scope of position responsibilities.
Accountability, Responsibility, and Dependability
Substantial planning requirements and goal-setting skills are required. The position is responsible for independently developing and implementing plans associated with a specific assignment. The decisions made by this position have a broad/far-reaching impact on the organization, particularly in the implementation of approved programs and services.
- Minimum one-year office or administrative support experience is preferred.
- Minimum Associates degree preferred.
- Excellent common sense, organizational skills (oral and written), ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and work under pressure.
- Must have experience in the use of software programs such as Quickbooks, FilemakerPro, and essential Google office programs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Essential Physical Requirements
- Independent communication skills or demonstrated abilities to perform job functions.
- Physically able to do the following: lift and carry up to 50 pounds; grasp, pull, and reach; manual dexterity; and walking or independent mobility.
- Ability to travel independently if needed, including automobile and air travel to urban, rural and remote areas in Alaska.
Minimum Competencies Common to All Positions
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of all policies and procedures in order to help facilitate compliance with such policies and procedures by personnel.
- The demonstration, by personal example, of the service, excellence, and integrity expected from all staff.
- Develop respectful and cooperative working relationships with co-workers, including the willingness to assist newer staff so job responsibilities can be performed with confidence as quickly as possible.
- Begin work on time, conform to work hours as required; ensure unscheduled sick/personal time does not exceed established company standards.
- Confer regularly with and keep immediate supervisor informed of important matters that pertain to the applicable job functions and responsibilities.
- Professionally represent ATLA to staff, clients, the general public and outside contacts and constituencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The person who fills this position must have the physical mobility to operate assigned equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed primarily in an office setting but may also include various client sites.
Supervision of Others:
Not responsible for direct supervision of staff.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Submit a resume with references.
Job Type: Full-time