Juicy Physics Touring is a Boston based booking agency booking national & regional tours for established and emerging artists. The candidates will be required to work both on site & remotely, 10-40 hours per week.
Though this is an UNPAID internship (eligible for college credit) - If the candidate is successful, there will be a chance at paid a (commission based) opportunity.
This employee assist agents in building and maintaining strong relationships with Promoters/Presenters with utmost professionalism – soliciting booking opportunities, placing holds, negotiating deals, booking dates, etc.
Other obligations include:
- Assisting with research and development to find potential performance opportunities and new sales leads.
- Input and process performance proposals, seeking approval for bookings.
- Facilitating date logistics, calendar management, and communications between various team members of Artists' tours as needed.
- Assisting with preparation of solicitation materials and correspondence, and distribution of those materials.
- Maintaining Contact Database for sales and personal notes about promoters/presenters to build stronger relationships and maximizing booking opportunities.
- Involvement in aspects of the contract administration process through a web-based database including issue, tracking, receivables from promoters/presenters, accuracy, review, posting of tour dates and reporting.
- Makeing sound decisions efficiently and effectively using practical approaches on behalf of artists.
- Additional responsibilities as they occur with the needs of the day – as job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties and as assigned by supervisor when necessary.
Qualified candidates MUST have experience with TWO or more of the following:
1. Experience Booking Artists / Bands
2. Experience Managing Artists / Bands
3. A solid sense of the geographical lay out of the United States.
4. 1-3 years touring as a musician or tour manager
5. Proficiency with Google; Drive / Docs / Sheets
The following qualifications will also be considered:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Comfort with phone calls.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Creative troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Knowledge of sales and administration is preferred.
- A passion for and knowledge of music and the performing arts is fundamental.
Please e-mail a resume / cover letter to:
Spencer (at) Juicyphysicstouring.com
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Commission
- Boston, MA 02115 (Required)
- 3 to 9 months
- Less than 90 days
- Office or call center