Join a growing, progressive group practice focused on Alabama's children. Immediate opportunities in multiple cities!
- Sign-on and relocation bonuses available
- Competitive pay
- Student loan repayment program eligibility
- No management or HR responsibility
- Great quality of life
- Excellent staff support
- Total Benefits package: Medical, 401k, PTO and Holiday Pay
- Liability Insurance Coverage (provided by us!)
- Credentialing assistance
New grads welcome to apply!
Provides and manages dental diagnostic and treatment procedures and other care as needed for a specified pediatric patient population.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages dental diagnostic and individualized treatment procedures and other care as needed for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes drugs, including controlled substances, other medications, and treatment regimens as necessary for the patient’s oral condition and consistent with the patient’s medical history.
- Refers patient to dental specialists, physicians, and other healthcare providers as required by the patient’s oral conditions, dental treatment needs, and medical history.
- Manages the daily operations of patient care, or research function, as appropriate to the objective of the dental clinic.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of dental hygienists, dental assistants, and other clinic support staff as required.
- Follows established DentaQuest Care Group policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, infection control, and other standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention and risk assessments.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages the dental office infection control plan, employee health and safety program, and patient protection plan consistent with to meet DentaQuest Care Group policies and relevant guidelines from OSHA, CDC, ADA, and other relevant organizations and laws (e.g., HIPPA).
- Current licensure of the state in which practice applying for is located.
- Completion of an accredited program in advanced education in pediatric dentistry.
- Current CPR certification including training in the use of automated external defibrillators
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards.*
- Knowledge of community based dental practices.* *
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.* *
- Continuous updating of knowledge through continuing education of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of dental evaluations, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.* *
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.* *
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.* *
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.* *
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.* *
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of dental care.* *
- Continuous updating through continuing education of knowledge of relevant drugs, medications, and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids, including, but not limited to, appropriate dosage and patients directions for correct usage.*
- Embraces and practices patient-centered care through effective communication with patients and development of individualized treatment programs that incorporate the patient’s desires and needs.
- Work involves potential exposure to unusual elements, unusual or unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling average-weight objects up to 15-20 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and will include the use of personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Job Type: Full-time